Introduction - Arakita Ayame

Glistening stage lights.

Cheers roaring from the audience.

Ayame held a deep breath, and began.

...

"First place goes to...Arakita Ayame from Hakone!"

The erupted applause of the audience thundered, while Ayame stepped onto the stage collecting her trophy.

This time, it was a singing contest.

By the time she reached home, Ayame became enveloped into a group hug from her parents. Whereas her eight year old brother, Arakita Yasutomo, simply stood aside. Giving Ayame an uninterested expression.

Breaking away from her parent's crushing bear hug, Ayame made her way over to her brother. Standing before Yasutomo, Ayame expected the usual.

Usually, he would give her a pat on the head sometimes accompanied by one of Yasutomo's small rare smile.

This was the only reason she'd bother going to those boring competitions. A pat with a prideful rare smile from her beloved Onii-chan.

However, the occurring sibling moment would end up ruined whenever the trophy she'd recently won land in her hands.

It's tradition to take a picture of her every time Ayame won something.

There were piles of pictures of her holding either a medal, trophy, or any kind of award, really.

The money she had won from most of her competitions were invested into her father's company, which thrive after Ayame adjusted the statistics.

Either that or merely to renovate their house. Based on the amount of money and items Ayame earned, it became enough to renovate their house into a bigger estate. In fact, Ayame has her own trophy
room!

Honestly, Ayame is starting to become fed up with all these competitions she'd just entered. Just because she has talent, doesn't mean that her parents could force her to participate in every single competition there is.

Having competitions arranged for every three days. Three days! It's awful.

To say the truth, if it wasn't for her brother, Ayame wouldn't even bat an eye from the amount of entrees her parents made her sign before she'd reject all of them.

The perfect little angel is what her relatives labeled Ayame. How blind are they? They couldn't even tell that Ayame had started to become fed up with being treated as a princess and getting the rest of her life controlled. Only Yasutomo made her feel at home, made her feel free from all the constant stress. This was why Ayame care dearly for her brother.

After the hundredth competition, Ayame wanted to tell her parents that she didn't want to continuously receive first place any longer.

Once Ayame voiced on how she felt on the day she became six, her parents who promised to give her whatever Ayame wanted on her birthday, had no choice, but to agree.

Though, not wanting to stress the parents who've watched their baby princess succeed from the start, Ayame decided to at least retain any of the top three spots in every competition.

The placing was decided by a pick out of a hat by three numbered strips of paper, ranging from one to three.

Yasutomo would draw out of the three slips of paper. After Yasutomo picked any of the three slips, Ayame would aim for the placing on the slip of paper. It made it more interesting for Ayame, assessing her opponent's abilities and to try to earn a certain placing.

There were a few times Ayame had to rely on luck for placing, since she competed earlier than other competitors.

Of course, the first time she earned second place in a competition, Ayame's relatives all sent her their encouragement of Do your best next time. Ayame, who couldn't even try to do her best at something without finding it boring in a few minutes, was irritated by this. Next time they say? When had she ever tried her best in anything?It was then, Ayame found out she detested hearing words such as work hard or do your best.

After explaining to them that it's a form of challenge to her, no one told her to do her best anymore. After all, why would they encourage her to not get first place? It's always been that way. Selfish or not, Ayame became thankful that her relatives stopped sending those kinds of letters. Instead, they'd send relaxing ones like talking about their pet rabbits.

Unlike her brother, who seems to like cats, Ayame loves rabbits. Of course Ayame loves cats too, but rabbits are more adorable in her opinion.

Thinking back on her recent competition, which was actually an audition for a children's show, it was funny how the judges' eyes lit up after seeing Ayame perform a scene from the script.

Doing a magical change for her part of the performance. The script was about a young magical girl or something. Ayame didn't even bother reading the rest of the script, since the director told her that she could improvise the character however she liked.

Rather than getting the job as an actress she supposedly auditioned for, one of the judges suddenly stood up after Ayame's performance which consisted of twirling around, a cute chant, and finished with a cute peace pose. The judge kneed down in front of her, grasping Ayame's hands tightly, his eyes shone bright in excitement, startling Ayame.

After that, the whole thing was a blur for her. Apparently the judge wanted her to hire her as a voice actress for some anime. Unfortunately, Ayame forgotten the name of the anime.

Although she did remember it was a magical girl type of anime! The character Ayame was going to voice, the main character, is named Kotori Himeno if she remembered correctly.
Flipping her other booklet, consisting of her lines, Ayame glanced up at the tile. Smiling for a bit.

When her parents heard news of not only acting, but voice acting in anime...They were so elated, that they presented a buffet for dinner.

As usual, her brother patted Ayame's head, smiled, then walk away. Ayame truly loved her brother. Never doing anything unnecessary, but kept her satisfied.

Lying on her bed, Ayame stared at the ceiling. Whispering to herself, "Love Hime is it..."