Comforting Akira

Beta: Lazura234

Ayame never did notice her cell phone ring until after one whole day.

Exasperating a sigh, Ayame picked up her phone, dialing the number in which she had missed for a hundred of times.

Normally Ayame would've been elated to see that her brother was calling her. However, the situation now wouldn't allow her to feel the least happy.

"Hello?" Ayame whispered, trying to not awaken the sleeping boy on her lap.

Though what returned to her was none other than a string of words spoken too fast for her to understand.

Once Yasutomo finally calmed down, beginning to speak comprehensively, Ayame couldn't help sense the guilt-struck feeling in her guts.

Ayame had only met Akira a few times, yet the meetings were already causing so much trouble for her family. She hoped to look after herself more properly.

When Yasutomo finally finished his speech, Ayame ended the call with a,
"I'm sorry but I won't be home today too."

Promptly, Ayame shut her phone avoiding Yasutomo's colourful language.

Glancing back upon the peaceful expression Akira made, who was using her lap as a pillow.

Ayame almost forgotten what recently happened but alas, fate isn't such a thing to be easily lost.

Combing Akira's sleek hair between her fingers, Ayame recalled what happened after she cried her heart out.

.'.'.'.

After leaving the HOSPITAL with their hands entwined, Ayame glanced at Akira worriedly.

She never encountered this type of emotional outburst before. In competitions there were outbursts of anger, sadness, and even envy. However, none of those were as serious as this.

Looking at the worn out boy, Ayame squeezed their hands tightly.
Deciding on a decision.

"Let's go on a date!" She exclaimed.

Sensing Akira's attention focused on her, Ayame continued.

"I had a date with my friend once and it was fun, so let's go on one!" she announced.

Oh... a playdate. Akira thought, still feeling solemn. At the same time, he was somewhat disappointed by the fact it was a playdate, not a date.

Without seeking any form of approval, Ayame dragged Akira onto a cab.

On the cab, the air was tense, awkward. Ayame didn't try to initiate any comments from Akira, but she still felt uncomfortable from the silence.

The seemingly endless trip finally came to an end after what felt like hours. Ayame thanked the heavens that the trip wasn't endless or she would have suffocated from the still air.

Meanwhile, Akira took in the sight of the building towering over him.

White. Is what Akira would use to describe the building.

It is literally the only distinct feature present on the building. Shifting his gaze over to the girl who brought him here, Akira couldn't help feel relieved that he wasn't alone in this kind of situation.
If Ayame wasn't there with him...Akira didn't want to think about it.

Lost in his thoughts, Akira didn't seem to notice when the girl held his hand, taking him inside.

"This is where I work" was what snapped Akira's consciousness to release a breath. Akira didn't even notice he was holding Ayame's hand.

Looking around the busy workplace, Akira comprehended the word 'work' too lightly before he was brought to some place Akira had only seen in television.

"Now Akira, sit here okay? I'll be right back!" Ayame shouted while running towards somewhere.

Looking around, Akira felt awkward for being the only child there surrounded by working adults. He didn't even notice his hands twitching from the loss of warmth that was originally there.

Once his best friend finally came back, Akira bowed to the adult Ayame brought with her.

Eyeing the middle age man, who was wearing some director's outfit he had only seen on shows,

Akira found himself shaking hand in hand with the 'director'.

"This is my boss, Akira!" Ayame introduced him to Akira, vice versa.

So he is a director.

Ayame thus proceeded to tell Akira on how she worked in various jobs in the entertainment industry while he gaped in disbelief.

She was the same age as him!

Finishing, Akira stared wide eyed at her, stunned.

So when Ayame wanted him to join her in acting a small part of a show, Akira could only stutter a incoherent response.

Mistaking his stutters as an agreement, Ayame continued to instruct Akira on how he should act.

Leaving Akira in the room with other adults that started to teach him the procedures of the show, Akira was scared for life.

Trainers are scary.

Although Ayame explained to him it's because they didn't have enough time, the trainers had became a little 'spartan'.

"That wasn't a little spartan..." Akira complained.

Even though Akira complained, when he started to act with little flaws, Akira couldn't help but feel impressed by the trainers who shaped him into this.

Though it was a short scene of a background character, Akira felt as if this was a once in a lifetime's experience, treasuring the time he spent there.

When the director came forward to Akirato invite him to become an actor, Akira could only mutter an apology walking away hastily. It was left to Ayame to explain to the director that Akira wasn't aiming to become an actor, but rather, an athlete.

Receiving a nod as approval, Akira went back to Ayame's side before holding her hands again.
He liked the warmth it provided him with.

It was not until they left the building did Akira realised he placed aside his mother's death and had fun.

He had Ayame to thank for that...

So it was his turn to thank her.

Akira knew his mother's death had affected Ayame too, no matter how little time Ayame and his mother had spend together, he could tell from Ayame's expression that she really loved his mother. Akira didn't know why Ayame loved his mother so much, but he could only guess that it was because his mother is that lovable.

Upon opening his mouth to ask her whether she'd like to spend the rest of the day at his house, Akira was met with a positive response.

Traveling home, Akira didn't notice himself drifting off from reality.

This was how they ended up in this situation, where Akira continued sleeping upon Ayame's lap in the cab.

Ayame, feeling glad, seeing that Akira had fun today, smiled at the sleeping figure gently.

At first, she felt lost and panicked. She wanted to help cheer Akira, but didn't know how, so she asked someone for help.

Flipping her phone on again, she typed.

'Thank you for your suggestion, Toudou-kun,'

Sending it to the recipient.

.'.'.'.

End of chapter

Hope you have enjoyed it~