Prologue

While Having dinner at a Restaurant.

Viceral Dad: So Jose, how are things going on your new business?

Vice: *felt a little bit uncomfortable* Uh, it's doing well dad. We just sealed off another deal with a new investor. Baka makapag expand nadin kami sa may Visayas and Mindanao areas within this year or the next. *Yael grimaced*

Viceral Dad: Well then, that's good news! You really know how to make us proud son. *Turns to yael* Oh nakita mo na Ysmael? This is what your mom and I have been trying to tell you. Pwede mo namang pagsabayin ang passion mo and career. Degree holder ka naman, how can it be so hard for you to find a real job? Someday, you'll have a family of your own and I'm assuring you that what you're doing right now won't bring any food to the table. Jusmiyo Ysmael! It's been three years at wala ka pa ring napapala jan sa pagbabanda mo! Why can't you be more like your brother?

Yael felt that his family was ganging up on him again and walked out.

Yael: Excuse me, i just lost my appetite. *Throws his napkin on the table and leaves*

Vice: Yael, wait! * runs after him and grabs Yael by the shoulder*

Yael:*shoves Vice's hand off his shoulder and faced him* I'm sick and tired of being compared to you! Even with the little things kailangan ko parin makipag compete sayo! Alam ko naman eh.. Ikaw ang matangkad (haha), ang matalino,ang magaling, Lahat! Lahat nalang ikaw! But kuya, I can accept na matalo sayo at everything..

Wag lang kay Karylle. I love her kuya, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to win her heart! *went straight to his car and took off*

Yael's words left Vice startled. He never knew that a petty sibling rivalry created by their parents will rift them apart this way. And now, Yael has taken it to the next level. This time, he just might not  be able to give up on what Yael is asking.

Vice went back inside the restaurant.

Vice: Dad, hindi ko na siya inabutan. I'm worried about Yael, Should I go after him? baka kung ano nanamang mangyari dun.

Viceral dad: No, I think that won't be necessary. Let him be, malaki na yang kapatid mo. Masyado mo na yatang siyang nasspoil kaya nagkakaganyan. Let's continue eating, shall we?

The family continued with their dinner and headed home right after. Vice made an alibi that he was too tired to drive to his condo so he could come home with his parents and check if Yael was there. Apparently, he wasn't. 

Vice went straight to his old bedroom. Still worried sick about his brother, He can't put himself to sleep just yet. 

Vice's POV:  "Hindi ko naman talagang ginustong makipag compete sa kanya.. I never meant to outshadow him at anything. Am I being too selfish for wanting to make our parents proud? Ginagawa ko din naman ang lahat just so he would feel that I was never better than him. And I'd never hesitate na mag-give way sa kanya. Pero... hindi ko kayang i-give up si K. Ayoko! Si Karylle  ang Buhay ko. Mahal na mahal ko siya. 

Just the thought of losing karylle makes Vice feel life being drained out of him, but despite that he can't still help but think, maybe giving up K to Yael is the only way to fix the rift between them, and bring back the old Yael, his baby brother. 

*Vice heard the door of Yeal's room creaked and finally he dozed off.*