Snippets of Life in Uni: Adventure Time (2/3)

Both were thrilled for their Recto Escapade.

For K, it was like her independence day dahil it’s the first time ever that she’d be going out on a different place ng walang body guard of some sort, chaperone, driver not even her nanay rose. And for Vice, ‘cause he’d finally be able to tour K around recto. Alam niyang sobrang conyo nito, so excited siya to let her try things na ginagawa ng ordinary people.

----------------------------------------------

As they went out of the school grounds, Vice already felt the need to be protective of K dahil nga maraming loko around.  As soon as they have crossed the street, very palpable na agad yung usok at ingay ng mga tao. And since it was lunch break, a lot of students were already hanging out outside; taking their yosi break and luncheon. Vice handed K his handkerchief to cover her nose from all the secondhand smoke and smog. Akay akay din niya si K, occasionally putting his arm around her especially when it gets too crowded. While he was busy trying to keep her safe, si K naman was busy trying to absorb and get fascinated by all the new things she was seeing like stalls and stands selling second hand textbooks, trophies, medals and certificates, super cheap shoes and accessories and most especially the street food since mas kakaiba yung street food there. Ang alam lang niya na street food before were the usual fishballs, squidballs, kikiams and kwek-kwek (which she all haven’t even tried eating) but while they were walking, she saw snacks on the streets like Japanese cakes with oreo in the middle, Deep fried Chilis wrapped in lumpia wrapper (dynamite), Deep fried isaw, and so much more. It was a huge tiangge of everything but it was nothing close to the places she has been to before. It was also a far cry from the University belt in Katipunan which made her very eager to begin their adventure.

Half-walf way towards their destination, a lady walking ahead of them was wearing a short dress. She received whistles from the guys they’ve passed by and suddenly, a street kid touched the exposed part of her legs. Ofcourse the lady got furious. After witnessing what just happened they quickly went past the lady to avoid the commotion. K glanced at Vice and received a “What did I tell you” look from him. Right then and there, she understood what Vice meant awhile ago; clearly she wouldn’t want to experience na mabastos so she kept Vice’s jacket on despite the heat.

------------------------------------------------------

Finally, they have reached Miggy’s. Nakita naman sila agad nila Billy and Vhong whom were waiting on their seats while the rest were buying their meals.

Vhong: *Waves his hand up to get their attention*Kuys!!

Lumapit naman sila K and Vice to where the two were seated.

Billy: Wait lang ah. Bantay bangko muna tayo, bumibili pa sila.

It didn’t take too long before the guys were back with their trays on hand.

Jhong: Kuys, ok na kami. Bili na kayo ng inyo.

The three then went to the counter to buy their meals.  Afterso, they finally began to eat and chat.

---------------------------------------------

SITTING ARRANGEMENT (right to left):

Billy, Vhong, Jhong, Teddy, Eruption/Eric

Opposite to them

Vice, K, Ryan and Juggs

----------------------------------------------

Billy: So K, san ka pala nag-aaral?  Hindi ka kasi samin kinukwento nitong si Vice eh.