Snippets of Life in Uni: Adventure Time (1/3)

After about 4 years Vice, Karylle and Yael are finally on the same stage in life, College. During that time, Vice has been well adjusted since it’s already his 4th year at FEU. His environment taught him well how to be street smart and was also able to gain new friends. And by friends, that means A LOT of friends. If during his life in High School, K is almost the only person he hangs with and he became a heartthrob due to his mysterious aloofness, now he was able to break free from that. Yes, he is still a heartthrob but for completely different reasons this time. He is still well known for being a brainiac since he’s a consistent dean’s lister and popular for being a member of the basketball varsity, however, as one of the best players that represent FEU at UAAP now.

But what actually makes him a total crush ng bayan is his natural sense of being approachable, which only transpired during his life at Uni. Most of the time, girls would just go to him for lessons they are finding hard to understand (though he still usually entertain girls only when it’s academically related) and majority of them would say “sa lahat ng heartthrob siya ang pinakawala as in walang yabang” he’s an absolute chick magnet but never took advantage of it. When people approach him it’s like he is not aware of his popularity at all. In fact it was only his barkada (a group of guys who taught him a lot of waywardness/kalokohan) that benefits from his fame and all the chicks he attracts.

Conversely, Karylle and Yael chose to go to Ateneo De Manila University (though K entered the University a year earlier than Yael). Karylle took up B.S. Management major in Communications Technology Management. She had to give up taking ballet lessons since her dad thinks she’s starting to walk funny and didn’t like it. However, she was given a chance to take theatre seriously. One of the major things she’s preparing for is playing Sapphire on The Little Mermaid which would be her first ever musical stage play. Her mom is also influencing her to pursue singing and they’re now starting to record for her debut album which she will call Time to Shine. Despite doing all these, she never fails to maintain good grades that also qualify her for the Dean’s List.  Yael on the other hand took up B.A. in English Literature. He chose that course mainly because it was his passion. Literature liberates him for it allows him to express his deepest emotions whether happy or sad. It’s like an escape where he could let out his bliss or angst in life and apply them to the songs he plays with his band. It just gives him joy more than anything else.  And despite his parents’ still being against it, his band is doing well now. Their music is starting to get recognized by more people especially around the Uni and it’s occupying most of his time. But despite that, he doesn’t fail to give time for Karylle anymore. They’ve actually grown closer. With Vice’s consistent nagging about taking care of K for him since they go to the same university, Yael finally took spending time with K seriously which she appreciated. Dati kasi, though sanay na si K sa panliligaw ni Yael, he still manages to get to her nerves at times since masyado talaga nitong pinapairal ang pagiging manliligaw niya and K hates that ‘cause she values their friendship more which was eventually realized by Yael, especially now that he has gotten a little bit more mature. So even though he’s still persistent about making K his girlfriend, he chose to set it aside for a while and made his intentions of spending time with her more genuine which he found not so hard to do since they actually have quite a lot of common interests. They love going to marathons together and K also goes with Yael during his gigs. She even helps him with composing songs, which has been their usual their bonding time during their free sched.

-----------------------------------------------------------

During Vice’s early years in College, he makes it a point to visit K whether it be on their school, at home lang or their hangout places just fulfil his role as her bery special friend.  He also visited K a great number of times during her first year at ADMU but ever since Yael entered the same university and K has gotten used to college life; they don’t see each other as much anymore. Constant communication through call, text and skype is only what’s left with them. However, it often includes Yael now (esp. skype calls) since he’s often with K. Even on social media, it’s always K and Yael’s photos that Vice always sees on his feed. He wants to get jealous so bad yet he figured he really doesn’t own any right to do so since in the first place; he’s the one who pushed the two to get close.