Rileytown Part 2

I run at a limp, but still I don't hold back. I run as fast as humanly possible to get to Riley's house. After a good 10 minutes of running I stop at the ladder to Riley's bay window, and quickly climb up. But, before I enter, I quickly pull my sleeve so that it covers my cuts so that she doesn't get worried about me. I am not what is important here.
I open the bay window to see Riley sitting there, softly crying into a pillow.
I start to tear up.
"Riley, you know I can't help you if you don't tell me what's wrong."
"I don't need your help. Why are you even still friends with me? Why do you stay?" She says with a stutter in her voice. Just then, I hear the ringtone of her phone and I grab it out of her reach. I open up her messages and see a group text full of unknown numbers.
'Do the world a favor and kill yourself'
'you're way to weird to be friends with maya, I bet she hates you as well'
'annoying piece of shit'
'kys whore'
'Lucas totally kissed missy after school yesterday'
Right when I had received that last text, one thing flashed through my mind.
Missy.
At the moment I hadn't thought of what I could do to help, so I just sat next to Riley and put my arm around her and whispered in her ear:
"I will always love you. nothing will ever change that."
"How do I know you're not just trying to pity me? How do I know you're not with missy?"
"because..." and at that moment, with out thinking, I planted a soft kiss upon Riley's lips, and it was perfect. Honestly, I had no idea I had feelings for Riley until just then. But after that, she smiled, leaning in so her head was resting on my shoulder, and we just sat there- for who knows how long, just thinking about each other.
She is perfect, just the way she is.