Yours truly, Part two.

Rileys POV) One week time skip)
     Perfect. It's Monday.

I roll over my bed to Maya, who was just on the other side
"Wake up, peaches." I say softly, only to get a grunt in reply. "Alright I guess you'll just have to fail school and get all F's.
"Riley I basically do have all F's."
"Wait, oh I forgot that trick only works on Farkle. My bad." I say, blushing. I didn't mean to make her feel bad, but sometimes words just spill out of my mouth when I don't want them to. She must've noticed me blushing, because seconds later she pulled me into a tight hug, and her scent surrounded me and I felt as if I were in heaven. "Hey Maya?"
"Yes?" She replied cautiously.
"I know you don't like me asking, but can you please roll up your sleeves once more?"
"Riley why do I have to do this every day?"
"Because. I need to know that you're okay and, since you don't like talking about your problems, this is the only way of knowing that your okay."
"Riley, I'm okay. I'm always oka-"
"Maya I know you're not," I say sternly, "and you don't have to hide it from me. I will always be there for you. I know I've given you this speech before, but it's true." She began to tear up.
"Riley..." She choked, " I think I'm going to stay home today."
"I understand, Peaches. I'll let my dad know, I'm sure he'll be okay with it."
Maya's POV)
     As soon as everyone left the house, I took out a small box I had hidden under Rileys bed. I carefully opened it and revealed a box of cigarettes I found in my moms old drawer.
     I know I shouldn't do this but... maybe it won't be so bad. Maybe it'll kill me. I hope it kills me.
     At that thought I didn't hesitate to light up a cigarette and press it against my lips. I choked on the chemicals, but that was to be expected since it was my first time smoking. I liked the feeling. It felt as if a warm blanket was being pressed up against the inside of my neck. Soon enough I felt as if all my problems were washed away, and I was the only person left in the world.
     Is this what it takes to be happy? Getting high? Because if it is, I'm cool with it.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Sorry this chapter is so much shorter than the last one, but my phones about to die so I'll just publish this while I can. Hang tight!