p

part four.

LOU

perks of living close to the beaches? a gorgeous view a few feet away from town and a perfect party scene.

cons? the mosquitos and humidity.

although california was going through a drought, my home area wasn't. we were distantly off the coast of california, still a part of it yet slightly drowning in rain every once and a while.

i was cozy and warm in my cool comforters, watching the rain drizzle down the fancy and new windows.

it was 11:12. the night was shining and i was scrolling through my phone. my parents, exhausted from work and the house, passed out downstairs together watching the television.

hey. my text sent quickly to nicholas.

he responded almost immediately. hi!!

are you tired yet?

no. are you?

well, not really.

how are you?

you saw me two hours ago.

yeah well, a lot can happen in two hours.

i'm good, thank you.

love you.

goodnight. you'll find me on tumblr, btw.

okay. goodnight.

i sighed. my window was on the side wall, and i wished greatly that my bed was placed on my window wall so i could feel like a waterfall was dripping on my shoulders.

and then i remembered that the new showers could do that, and i enjoyed my shower quite fondly.

my older brothers, jason and leo, both moved out of town. my younger brother dylan was in sixth grade and very talented.

i was stripped from the ability to learn until i entered junior high. i was trapped in a mental facility, an asylum, almost, because my parents didn't know what was wrong with me. they sent their five year old girl to an asylum with weird thirty five year olds and murderers. the criminally insane were the people to teach me how to wash my hair and ride a bicycle; my parents had abandoned me until i turned 11 and they decided to, for some reason, bring me back to society.

silent sobs echoed across my room. on a nightly basis would i pity myself. my childhood was stolen from me, something my father could never buy his way out of.

eventually the rain calmed me down and i passed out in my luxurious and pointlessly large bed. stupid comforters.

---

NKW

i've known lucy since she was around 2 years of age. i remember how she used to have terrible temper tantrums and such despairing conversations during recess. she was definitely a handful, and she was always keeping the teachers on her toes.

until kindergarten. the christian school shrugged on the first day when she didn't arrive. they didn't care when she didn't show on the second day, either. when they called her parents, they didn't care for what had happened to her, they just wanted to know if she was going to attend the school.

and i hate that. i hate how nobody appreciates her; nobody cares of her. sure, lucy was a tad rude and sorta intimidating, but she has three brothers. did you expect her to become a princess?

she wasn't on tumblr like she promised. it was for the best, anyway. the more social media we were on, the more sleep deprived we would become.

lucy hadn't told me the story of her living in a mental facility almost her whole life until freshmen year.

truth be told, before i became her friend and started dating her in sophomore year, i didn't acknowledge her. she was just the girl who i knew when i was young, the girl who disappeared, and then the girl who came back in middle school.

she was always beautiful, however. she never got ugly or obese or disgusting. the older she got the prettier she got. her wisdom excelled everyone in school by the time we reached 8th grade, even though she admitted that she was reading the same four children's books up to that point. in grade 6 she was quiet and paid attention to the classes closely, and quickly left school without socialising.

we wouldn't have met if not my friend tyler. the same tyler who was stealing girl's panties, i know. in freshmen year he had begged me to take drama with him, saying that's where all of the hot chicks took classes. whatever that means.

he wasn't wrong, however. i met my love in period 4 drama class. we laughed and shared many memories together. she spilled secrets to me many times when she was in the middle of a breakdown. i comforted her when she needed it.

in a way, we were perfect for each other.