u

part six.

LOU

as always, sweet young nicholas has to save the day. he had interrupted my sobs of terror, bundling my body into his, assuring me lies.

"babe, lou, what happened? why are you sad?" he had asked, holding my face with his hands.

i wiped at my eyes, hoping to calm my heavy pants. "well..."

"well what?"

"well, in gym today we had to run, right?"

"yes...lou, what happened?"

"nic, i'm getting to it!"

"alright, i'm sorry."

"alright." i creased my skirt, which was folding from me lying in nkw's arms.

"so, after i ran, i was so sweaty i had forgotten about...you know..."

"your scars." nic stated, holding my head tighter.

i nodded. "yes, and well, in the locker room i was so sweaty i peeled my shirt off and forgot that i wasn't wearing my usual long sleeve underneath."

"and, nic, the girls found out. and they saw the marks and they laughed and teased me, asking if my father was performing surgery on me for practice. they dragged my father into it, my father! they tested his surgical skills, and they're the ones who's parents would be dead if not my father saving them in their crisis."

"and, it's not my fault! it's not my fault i went through a manic episode and i blacked out and tried dying. i didn't know, it's not my fault!" the sobs returned. dear god. nkw held me closer and nuzzled my head into his chest, comforting me the best way he knew.

"lucy, i'm sorry those girls did that. i love you, and if you want, i could beat them up or something. they sound like trash anyway. seriously, you shouldn't believe another piece of shit that falls out of their mouth. they're jealous and envious of your immense beauty." his words warmed me and i stood up, holding my arms and proudly walked to class.

---

NKW

once the horrifying event of me trying to comfort my girlfriend faded, we had to handle other troubles such as why i left for the bathroom and returned with my girlfriend.

"it's not what it looks like; i was feeling sick and nicholas helped me feel better by walking me to the water fountain." like a true actress, she lied smoothly and stood straight, unfazed by the idling eyes of the shocked girls who were probably the bitches insulted her.

my teacher sighed and replied, "whatever, i don't care. you know, all i really want from you two right now is your butts on the stage, performing your skit."

we laughed and giggled, pulling our game faces on shortly and gathering the crowd's attention.

"ladies and gentlemen, a performance by the great nicholas konnor worthington and the beautiful lucy olivia undersaw!!"

we rolled our eyes at my teacher's dramatic introduction. lucy held a gaze on my face and looked naturally lovingly.

"oh, paul, paul, paul, paul!!" she made the crowd laugh at her spectacular performance.

"you've gotta help me out!" she continued, walking around me. her fingers trailed along my shoulders, left to right.

i continued the scene. "dania, i love you too much to see you harming yourself."

"well, i just wanted a few ounces!!" she whined, stomping her foot and jutting her bottom lip out.

"dania-"

"and plus, what's the point in having a drug dealing boyfriend if he's not going to let me get the good stuff?"

i positioned myself in a thoughtful stance and replied, "because, little do you know, i'm incredibly dangerous. people want to kill me, and people i love. i don't know if i can allow you to date me, i don't want to see you hurt."

lucy sighed. "paul, baby, i promise i won't get hurt. i'm not dumb enough to let people just steal me or something."

paul, my character, sighed as well. "okay, love, just please don't fall for anything stupid."

we acted for a few more scenes, speeding forward to three years after when the two get married. paul was finally going to quit his dirty side business.

"honey, i'm so proud of you! i can't believe you're finally quitting!"

paul just smiled grimly back towards dania, not sure if he could handle the pressure.

"okay, i'm going to go get some air." he lied, leaving her in their honeymoon suite. paul stepped out onto the balcony, smoking a cigarette.

when he reentered the room, dania was nowhere to be seen. he panicked immediately until his eyes caught sight of a letter.

"dania is killed. if you discontinue your business, so will you." paul read aloud.

he stared out at the crowd for a moment before adding a comedic scene and muttering, "actually, it should be 'dania is dead', not killed."

our class laughed and stared at paul intently.

paul opened the bathroom door and to his horror, dania laid covered in blood.

"scene!"

lucy stood up and wiped her skirt. the crowd applauded us greatly and our teacher once again beamed proudly.

the bell rang and we stepped out of the classroom, holding hands and my hands were messing with her pigtails and she smiled so brightly a thousand sunsets couldn't compare.

"we did great, nic!"

"i know. it's because you're fantastic."

"oh, yeah?"

---

all the best people are crazy.

lmao actually they're kinda scary and intimidating but melanie you go girl

the picture is of my arms and legs lmao idk