epilogue

hello. before the epilogue is displayed, please read this author's note.

THANK YOU FOR BEING SO UTTERLY GORGEOUS AND RADIANT. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED LUCY AND NICHOLAS' LOVE STORY.

---

THIRD PERSON

the walls are caving in. she pants and screams as he attempts to cut out her heart and feed it to the monster.

lucy crinkles her nose, feeling a slight sunburn pain. "how disgusting."

the movie drones on, and eventually nic shuts it off and looks over at lucy, who's bundled in blankets and seated comfortably in the movie room seats.

"we act way better than those two."

"hell yeah!" lucy laughs, holding nicholas' cheeks and squeezing them.

it's spring time now, and lucy is enjoying her first few days coming home after the tedious healing at the hospital.

the movie theater that nic was so ecstatic about was finally used, and you can trust me to know that they fully appreciated the sound proof walls surrounding them.

they acknowledge that senior year is nearing an end, and that they will eventually go their separate ways towards college, but rather than dwelling on it and feeling cranky, they are taking their last moments together and using them wisely.

nicholas already applied to yale and is going to major in psychology, because he believes that he has the power to help others who feel upset with themselves or other people. he thinks that he can help others get better, like he did for lucy.

lucy is packing her bags for oxford, where she'll be majoring in creative writing and aspiring to become the flawless novelist her mother is.

her brothers who never visited her during her hospital days finally arrived for spring break and gave her loving support. they admitted they were sorry, but they came to share great news with their family that they had both graduated, jason completing his bachelor's degree in biomedical engineering and leo with his doctoral degree of pathology. they both attend harvard, and intend to continue for more degrees until they're both completely filled with knowledge.

dylan, lucy's younger brother, had visited her every once and a while and told her it was okay that they didn't celebrate christmas. one day, he brought in the gift he wanted to give her and it turned out to be fancy lemon candy. oh, the irony!

shortly after lucy and nicholas' reunited, nic's mother strolled into the room and told them, "hey, kids, we found some leftover presents from the living room. lucy, this one's for you, and nic, this is yours." and then she walked out, waving goodbye.

lucy shrugged her shoulders and ripped apart the package to find that it was indeed the lemon bath soap she insisted on. nic blushed immensely before locking a gaze onto her.

before he could say anything romantic, the first words he screamed were, "you got me socks?!"

given, they were socks with her face printed onto them, they were slightly perfect.

DONE

---

so, fam, thanks so much for reading my book. i hope you enjoyed it and honestly i tried making it a short story but i just couldn't :)

there are four more "short stories" in the problem series, and basically they'll be similar to this one with a leading love story and a large problem. they'll be coming out shortly, and not at all related to this story other than the fact that they're of the same series. (it's an anthology like american horror stories' seasons)

thanks again everyone! it's been a blast completing a story that i actually like for once:) please go and read my next stories, they'll be coming soon to a wattpad library near you!

love, abby