Chapter 9

Danny's POV
"oh... sorry..." She said, backing away.
"No, it's okay. It isn't your fault. You are fine." I replied softly.
"Okay..." She said looking down. I laughed a little and looked at her. "What?"
"Nothing... Nothing at all."
"Really?"
"It's just... you have a sparkle... I haven't seen that in a while."
"A sparkle?" She asked.
"Yeah..." she giggled.
"Okay..."
"What?"
"What's the sparkle?"
"You're the sparkle. You're happy. We are nothing alike." I said looking away at the end.
"Why are we different?" she asked moving closer making me look at her. "I'm not going to touch you. Don't worry." She said laughing a little. "So how are we different?"
"You are happy." I said pointing at her, "I am not." I said looking down.
"Okay..... Why are you not happy." She asked. I took a deep breath and said,
"They broke me." I got up, grabbed a pen and went into the corner and started drawing on my hand, just trying to stop talking to her. I don't like talking to her. Actually I don't like talking, period. I don't know why I even started.

What am I supposed to do now? They broke me and I admitted it.
"Hey..." I looked up because I heard a boys voice. I was correct, it was Drakes. I didn't move though. I didn't want to. I didn't want to do anything. He came close. His hand was behind his back, crap. "Um... Here..." He said taking the thing behind him and giving me the bowl to me then he left. I looked up and Madison didn't have anything so I got up and gave it to her and went back into the corner. I wasn't hungry. I haven't been... hum... oh well. If I'm not hungry, I don't have to eat.
She just stared at the bowl and then me.
"Eat it."
"It's yours."
"I'm not hungry." She took a deep breath and started eating. I just closed my eyes and laid down and went to sleep.

I woke up in my bed sore and tired. What happened last night. all I remember was sleeping on the floor, that couldn't have done that. I usually sleep on the floor when I am at my friends house sleeping over, which is most of the time. Whatever. I got up slowly and stood up immediately falling down onto my knees then onto my chest. I groaned flipping over onto my back. I blinked a few times trying to get my vision back into place. "Ugh." I 'said' cracking my neck, I haven't done that in a while.
I slowly lifted myself up to my bed and laid down again and closed my eyes.
"Come on, she's bound to be up now. It has been 2 days since we gave her that stuff." I believe Madison said from the other side of the door. 'why is she there? I thought she was like me...' I thought, still keeping my eyes closed.
"Whatever. One second and I'll get her food. She's going to need it." Someone said. I didn't recognize their voice.
As I waited for the door to open I started to get tired again so I decided I should just go to sleep... so I did.

I was shook violently awake by Madison. I tried to get my focus on the man in the back of the room but Madison kept moving so I couldn't.
"Okay, you have been out for two days and need food." The man moved and he took the place of Madison, she whispered something into his ear and he nodded and she quickly left.
"Who are you?" I asked.
He chuckled a little and replied, "You've met me before but my name is Spence." I just smiled and slowly sat up.
"Here, you need to eat this." He said giving me the bowl of soup. "Careful, it's hot."
"Thanks...." I said taking it and putting it in my lap. I liked that he was being kind to me but I wasn't giving up on getting out of here. "Um.... I really need to go." He looked at me and got something out of his pocket and said,
"Look away." And I did. I felt pain in my ankle and I looked right to where he was pulling the needle out.
"What was that?"
"Go to the restroom now, I'll be here." He said grabbing the bowl off of me and helping me stand. I could stand!!!
Okay now bathroom. I walked to the bathroom and did my business and walked over to the bed but before I could even sit down he grabbed me and held me over his leg and I felt a very sharp pain in my thigh. I threw my head back in pain and bit my lip to stop myself from screaming.
I felt him let me go and soon I was on the ground. I curled into a ball and stayed there. I slowly closed my eyes just wanting this pain to end. I opened them as he took out his cell and a few seconds later Madison came in and sat next to me. What was happening?!