you throw me around like a rag doll

and throw me away like your cigarettes

-

you string lovers along like picking up shenanigans on the street during your leisure walk, and attached them to a rope, dragging them along mindlessly, as you searched for more to add to your collection.

and i'm that (un)fortunate soul who fell under your spell as you took me for a ride — a ride i'll never forget. no, it wasn't a romantic motorcycle ride where i had my arms wrapped tightly around your waist, my head leant against your warm back, my thighs in contact with the back of yours that radiated security.

you lead me by the nose through this dark tunnel, convincing me that the light was just a little further away, and that we were going to make it soon. and it took me so long to realise that there were no exits — only multiple dead ends that closed in on me and suddenly the wide tunnel we were in became so small, leaving me breathless. not the kind of breathless where you swept me off my feet just by looking at your eyes.

finally, it dawned upon me. i was trapped in a maze. trapped like a horse on a carousel, and entrapped by the enigma that is you.

-

my strung out heart meets your angel eyes

they tear me apart and i'm hypnotised 

song: lost in reality // 5 seconds of summer