Chapter 7

To rosezoey
You've inspired this chapter so far and have revived this book. Thank you so much I hope you enjoy as well as the rest of you.

Elena slowly stirred and groaned. Her eyes popped open and she stretched for an eternity before sitting up and looking around.

Last night...such a blur. All I can remember is a voice,someone yelling and James was OK then.....
She sat there with a confused look on her face,put her finger to her nose and started thinking hard.
Nothing came to her and she growled angrily. She was desperate to know what happened last night. How did she get in this bed for that matter. Had James...?
She jumped up swiftly, threw on her clothes and ran to James' door, then started banging on it.
"James? James we need to talk and now", She said with force.
A sleepy groan escaped James' lips as he the banging woke him from his deep sleep.
"Elena?"
"Yes James. Please open up we need to talk"
She had the key to his room yet didn't think to use it.
"Not now please. To early for this"
Elena's hands went to her hips and that's when she felt it.
Haha I have his room key.
She slipped it into the lock and turned it and before James knew it, she was inside and by the bed.
"Doesn't help when I have your key" she said as she held it out and laughed.
"You mean had?"
James reached up and snatched it from her.
"James I have questions"
" Later just please let me sleep a little longer? I'll answer all your questions then"
Elena pouted and whimpered softly and it did it's job.
James sat up and smiled.
"Now how can I say no to that face? OK what do you want to know?"
Elena lowered herself onto the bed and sighed.
"What happened yesterday? All I can remember are bits and pieces and then I wake up in bed"
James wasn't shocked, especially after yesterday.
Elena seemed to remember anything after her outburst.
"Well I heard you yelling as I was being mauled by the soldiers. I was getting weak and then all of a sudden it stopped. The soldiers backed off, I saw you engulfed in a light, your eyes a blazing blue."
James sighed and then chuckled, drawing Elena's attention.
"What's so funny?"
"Nothing",James said as he shook his head,"it was just over so fast. You left nothing but dust where the soldiers were. It was nothing I've ever seen. Nobody has in more than four thousand years..."
He made sure to keep his eyes away from hers, as he wasn't sure what to think of her.
"You mean.....",Elena asked softly.
" Yes....since before the Thousand Years War...."
Elena slowly ran her fingers through her hair and then suddenly leaned over, her head resting on James' shoulder.
James unconsciously put his arm around her and held her close.
"Elena..."
A sniffle became audible from her and he felt her nuzzle closer.
"James......I'm so scared....I don't know what's happening to me."
Her sniffle slowly turned into a sob as she sit there laid against him. His hand gently rubbed her back as his mind raced with possible explanations, each one as unlikely as the previous one.
What to do? She can't go on like this.
He slowly stroked her hair and shushed her, "it's OK. It'll all be ok, I promise"
She looked up at him, her eyes a watery mess, her nose and cheeks red from being buried against his warm chest.
His words had soothed her, although they weren't much. She started to feel safe in his arms, her worries drifting slowly away as her mouth formed a small yet beautiful smile. James smiled back at her and whispered," I'll protect you from whatever it is that you're in."
Her face turned beet red as she looked away before standing up.
"T-thank you. I know all this is trouble and I hate getting you involved in such silliness."
"You saved me from  death so I am in your debt. Plus I can't resist helping a pretty girl", he chuckled.
Elena swung around with a cute mad face," HEY!! Not funny James." She had yelled on the outside but on the the inside her stomach fluttered and her heart raced. The feeling had returned again.
She had to fight it, he was a stranger to her still, barely knowing him for days. She shook it off and bowed to him.
"Thank you for your help. Now pack your stuff and get dressed,we have places to be. I'm ready to see if your king knows of my condition."
James giggled as she bowed and then smiled again to her.
"OK. Well if you think of anything let me know and I'll do my best to tell you what I interpret"
Elena nodded and turned on the spot, walking to the door before she stopped abruptly in the doorway.
" I felt cold...yesterday...things got really cold...", she mumbled just audible enough for James to hear then walked out and back to her room.
Meanwhile James sat stunned at what she had said. Her words bit at him and his brain started to play out possible conditions. Like a slap in the face it hit him.
She's a..... I guess we will see soon enough.
He swiftly got up and got his things ready and double checked to make sure before making his way to the front desk.
As he made it, she came into view, foot tapping in an impatient manner.
"I was ready ages ago", she snapped.
" I'm sorry. I was trying to get everything together. I don't want to leave anything behind."
"Yes..well shall we go? I've already checked out."
James took her bags in his hands with his and slightly bowed.
"After you"
"Thank you", she said quickly as she rushed outside, her mind praying for a different sight this time.