Chapter 22

I close the door to the car and immediately my mother comes running toward me.

"Hunny! It feels like it's been forever. The house was so quiet without you." She squeezed me. I laughed and squeezed her back. I love my mom. Nolan got out the car with all his shining glory and I swear, the sun just got out-shined. He connected his eyes with me and then they shifted to my mother's. A cute, boyish smile appeared on his face, bringing forth his dimples. His eyes then shifted back to me and I couldn't help but blush a bit. I couldn't take my eyes off him and I think my mother noticed because she did that laugh that she always does when she thinks I have a crush but in this case, love. He inched closer to us and greeted my mother with a heart-warming hug.

"And where have you two been this whole time?" My mother asked. I froze.

"Hanging out with the girls." I say. My mom nods at me with a smirk saying she already knows. She turned around and walked toward the door. I turn to Nolan.

"I have some stuff to take care of. Don't go out dancing with any other guy." He instructs me. I nod and he cups my face and pulls me into a cute, simple kiss. He pulled my bags upstairs for me and into my room.

"Okay, I'll text you." He said. I nodded and he left my room. My phone rang and I answered it. It was Lana.

"Are you with Nolan?" She giggles. I say no and she says okay and hangs up. I wonder what that was?

I then got another call. It was Lana, again. "Do you know where he is?" She asked, casually.

"No. He just dropped me off at home. He didn't say where he was going. Why? Is there a problem?" I ask and she says no so quickly that I get suspicious. She says thanks and hangs up the phone again without waiting for my response. What the heck was that? Should I be worried? I text Nolan asking him if he's okay and he responds with a yes and I'm re-assured again.

SexyNolan1000: Why miss me already?

Me: Ha! No. Lana called me two separate times within the last two minutes to ask where you were.

SexyNolan1000: Oh, should I head over to her house or something?

Me: Nah. I think if Lana is looking for you, you shouldn't go without protection.

SexyNolan1000: I think you're right.

Me: Of course I'm right. Don't go over there. I'll handle it.

SexyNolan1000: Are you sure?

Me: I'm sure. Wish me luck.

SexyNolan1000: You have all the luck I can give, love. I Love you.

Me: I love you too. Ttyl.

I take a shower and change my clothes, putting on a pair of black leggings and a white crop top that has a row of sunflowers on the bottom hedge. I put in my earrings and splash some pink, girly lipstick on and then I put my hair in a high ponytail and swipe two wings of eye-liner on the top of my eyes. I grab my purse and phone and made my way downstairs. My mother smiled at my appearance and I smiled back at her.

"We need to talk." She said.

"Okay." I reply and sit down on the couch with her by my side. She looks in my eyes and her smile falters a bit. This must be serious.

"Hunny, you're uhm, new look..." She starts. "Are you sure this is you?" She asks.

"Yes. I'm sure mom."

"Are you sure this isn't about Nolan?" She asks. I could say no but that would be only half the truth.

"Yes mom, it is about Nolan. I honestly don't know how to explain this but he helped me find myself again. After the incident..." I started and then realized I never took the liberty to tell my mom what happened to me in freshman year.