Chapter 2

I woke up to my mom shaking me, "Melissa, Melissa wake up we're here..." I opened my eyes and people were walking off the plane. I got up grabbed my bags and walked off the plane without saying a single word.... I was pissed.

*fast forward to when they're home*

I was laying on my bed listening to music when my mom told me to come help. "Mel come help me and your sister unpack." I didn't move I just layed there I didn't want to move I honestly hate it here already. I just want to go home."MEL NOW!!!" she yelled I got up and stomped down stairs. "Stop stomping now I understa-" but I cut her off before she could finish,
"NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND OKAY?!?! I DON'T WANNA BE HERE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT!!!" I screamed and ran out the house. I ran and ran until my legs started to burn, I looked around and realized I was at a park. There was only one other person here, it was like 7:30 so it makes sense. I walked over to the swings next to the boy he looked like he was 15 or 16, he was cute too. He had dark brown hair, big gages and snake bites. I walked over and sat next to him.

"Hi" I said, he looked over and said hi.

"What's your name?"

"Tony, what about you?"

"Melissa" I replied.

It turns out he's 16 and he's at the park because his mom was being a bitch, and he needed to get away. I told him what was going on with me and he listened like it was his job. I felt my phone buzz my mom was calling me I was going to ignore her but, Tony nudged me and gave me a reassuring smile.

"Yes mom?"

"Don't yes mom me, where the hell are you?!?"

"I'm at the park"

"Its 9 o'clock at night and your at the park, you just ran out like I have no rules....get home now I need you to watch your sister while I'm at work"

"Fine fine I'm on my way" and with that I hung up.

I looked over at Tony and he just smiled, "I have to go home Tony."

"Oh, let me walk you then"

I agreed to let him walk me home, the walk was silent except for when I said 'turn here' every once in a while.

"Well this is me..." I sighed

"Alright well maybe we can hang out tomorrow?"

"Yea that'd be great Tony" we swapped numbers

"Okay see ya later...neighbor" Tony said

I looked at him confused he nodded his head towards the house next to mine "ooooohhhh.....sweet" I laughed

"Antonio perry get your behind in this house right now" said who I'm guessing is Tony's mom.

"Coming mom.....Bye Melissa" Tony said waving bye.

'Maybe San Diego won't be so bad' I thought to myself as I walked in my house smiling