Chapter 8: Back off!

Rogue walked in the next day to find Nurse Strauss asleep with her head resting on the desk so of course he nudged her to make sure she was ok.
She shot upright and looked around quickly before seeing Rogue and relaxing.
"Hey what's wrong?" He asked.
"I didn't really sleep last night because I was up talking to my boyfriend and then by the time I arrived home it was so late and I got like an hours sleep after twisting and turning all night," she explained.
"He must be really special to you I guess," he said, feeling a little jealous that she had the one she loved.
"Oh he is, he's an electrician and he can be stern when he wants to be but he's so kind."
Rogue smiled and then looked at the stairs.
"Of right I'll have to take you up... or he can!" She exclaimed in triumph.
Rogue turned to see Midnight entering the hospital in the same clothes as before and Nurse Strauss asked him to take Rogue since two or more had to be up there.
"Sure," Midnight replied casually and began to walk so Rogue quickly followed and it was silent for a bit until Midnight decided to speak.
"I heard that your boyfriend is going to be taking that test but I just wanted to tell you that Cobra's going to be taking that spot and leaving instead of him,"
"I don't understand what you mean- wait boyfriend?" Rogue replied shocked.
"I'm sorry I thought you guys seemed gay enough without each other but then I see you with each other and I assumed you were a couple."
Rogue was still shocked, he didn't think he looked gay well he didn't know what gay looked like so he could've been wrong.
"Well he's not but what do you mean Cobra will be, can't they both leave?"
"No. They only let one out of this place out of the few that are eligible to take it and Cobra is clearly saner and with my help he will most definitely leave."
"Sting is clearly saner than him I mean there is nothing wrong with him but Cobra on the other hand..."
That's when Midnight clearly snapped as he suddenly shoved Rogue against the wall and held him by the front of his jumper with this ultra psychotic look in his eyes.
"Erik is sane, he's everything that is right in my life and that means a lot because my life is shit so back the fuck off or you will definitely regret it," he said threateningly.
"What will you possibly do?" Rogue asked keeping his calm.
"I do enjoy twisting people's minds and watching them cry and scream for mercy so why don't I pull the same trick as the other night but much worse?" He said with murder in his eyes and Rogue knew it was time to back off.
Then Rogue realized the whole point of Midnight's stunt the other night. It was to make Cobra seem like the only sane one there.
Rogue eventually made it to the top unharmed and opened Sting's door.
"Hey Rogue, what's up?" Sting asked as he tried to keep his balance as he was doing a handstand against the wall.
"Nothing really, you?"

Hello! Sorry it's been a while but hey was that chapter good?
Also I wanted to just thank you guys in general for reading and voting and commenting, you have no idea how happy it makes me to read your opinions or see somebody had decided to hit that star or just that you've actually taken some of your time to read what I've wrote so thank you guys ^^
So I suppose this just leaves us with a good old till next time! ^^