It Was Only Just A Once Upon A Time

BloodyCrayons
It Was Only Just A Once Upon A Time
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Olivia

"Is evil truly evil? Or does evil have a reason to be evil?" Arielle asked as she saw her parents doing wicked stuff to other people. She knew that they only did that out of the love that they bore for her. To support her.

It has been days since she last saw her dazzling prince. The prince who drove the pitchblack purgatory covering her life away. The prince who made her believe that there is always life even in hell. The prince who saved her from the darkness.

Everyday she swam to the surface, everyday she tried her best to find him again. But it looks like they were never meant to be.

She is of merfolk and he is a human. She has a tail while he has legs. She's born in the darkness while he is the light.

Arielle knew what happens when a shadow comes near a source of light but it didn't stop her from seeing her prince. She's willing to sacrifice everything for him.

One day, Arielle swam near the shore searching for something. The thing she needed, the witch said, was a pair of legs. She needed to possess a pair of legs before she can truly meet her prince.

And as she continued swimming, she found the pair of legs around midafternoon. It was attached to a girl.

à à Ã

The reason why I can't be together with Kenly is because of his bitchy girlfriend. She owns his love. She owns the legs that I needed.

So I was forced to take it from her. She did not deserve his love. She didn't even really care. Para sa kanya, isang laruang dapat gamitin sa pagyayabang si Kenly. She was just using him for popularity.

Kung sana mahal niya talaga si Kenly. Kung sana hindi niya ito pinagtataksilan, sana hindi ako nakialam. Sana nananatili parin akong nakatingin sa kanya sa malayo.

It started as a warm and sunny love but everything changed. It's amazing how something so comfortingly normal can quickly turn upside down. What made it happen this way?

à à Ã

Arielle traded the tail her parents gave for her newly acquired legs. It made her soar. It made her fly. It made her really happy.

And at last, she found herself beside her dazzling prince. At last she found the fairy tale that she had always wanted.

But it looks like they were never meant to be. She is of merfolk and he is a human. And her legs were forcibly taken. Not given but taken. She knew deep inside that she was never meant to be there. But she kept on dreaming. With that innocent sweet smile on her face, she kept on dreaming.

But alas! She is living with humans. And humans are very judgmental. They tend to discriminate, demean and destroy those that are very different from them. And she is different. She's happy and she's innocent.

And when humans find something pure, they ruin it. They drag it down to their level. They cover it with grime and filth and malice. But Arielle was naïve. She still believed them.

The cause of blame is the prince's friends. They never wanted her with him. They said she didn't belong beside him. They said that she was just a freak.

When was it wrong to be so kind? To be so pure? To be divine? When was it sin to be so kind? Why did their hate make their eyes blind?

But Arielle stayed beside her prince. To all their lashes she did not once wince. For the love of a merfolk can break the toughest binds. And even forge the strongest bonds.