22. Swordsill

Mitch's P.O.V.

It was 5:17 A.m... Well, 5:17 with 46.3 seconds. I was waiting outside with my team and we were just about to leave, even though I dreaded the place we had to go to.

"You ready to go?" Jerome asked cheerfully as he walked out if the armory. He was decked out in full diamond armor. All if it enchanted. He looked good, way better than me.

"Yeah i guess..." I replied.

"Aww come on what's wrong? This is exiting!"

"Maybe for you.." I sighed, "But... ugh.. let's just say that the place we're going to brings up bad memories for me."

He looked at me with a confused look on his face. "Huh? What do you mean?"

"Look I-"

"Alright is everyone ready to go?" A voice asked from somewhere at the front of the group. I looked up, it was a girl with brown hair and a red bow in her hair. I think her name was Ashley. She's the group leader, at least until i regain my full power at the Temple of Time... whatever that means. Honestly i just wanted to get to the temple and get back here as soon as possible.

"Okay, here's the plan!" She began to say. Jerome and I made our way to the front as she began to give more instructions.

"We head north until we hit the Swordsill River. After that we follow the riverbank until we get to the Swordsill Kingdom. The temple should be inside the kingdom walls."

She kept going on about.. that place. I cringed everytime she said it. To make matters worse the temple's inside the place, although i guess i already knew that beforehand..

"Now when we get to the kingdom there will be some trouble getting inside, but we'll solve that problem when we get to it. Now, are we ready?!"

Everyone cheered. I guess there were exited to get to that place too. I couldn't cheer with them.

The group started along on their way after all the cheering was done. Of course most people were exited and walking towards the front, including Jerome, but i decided to stay near the back. It's not like im in a rush to get there..

.:3 hours 38 minutes 24.74 seconds later:.

Well, we were still walking along to the Swordsill River. I can't believe we hadn't run into it yet. Then again, last time i had seen it i had been fleeing from there. Now we're just walking there at a leisurely pace at best. I noticed that the sun was about to go down soon, and I was wondering if i should tell the others, but then again, they were too exited. I doubt that they would want to stop. I decided to keep my mouth shut for now.

I looked over at Jerome. He was still near the front of the group, cheering and keeping the rest of them motivated. I couldn't help but smile, he was always full of energy. I guess he definitely got the right power. Meanwhile I'm still wondering what mine even means. Time? How does that work?!

It's all weird to me. Even though it seems like forever ago, i remember everything that's hapened involving my power in full detail. I don't think memories count as time do they? And if they do, why those memories?? Why not every other memory?

These questions were gone from my head when i looked up and saw that everyone had stopped. What happened? It wasn't that dark yet, and i didn't see anyone setting up any tents anyways. Something was definitely wrong.

I slowly made my way to the front of the group. Still extremely confused about what was going on.

"Hey guys what happened?" I asked. No one answered, but i didn't need one. I looked out into the distance and saw what they were all worried about.

My face went pale. Guard towers. Lot's of them. I bolted to the back of the group again. I couldn't let the guards spot me.

Jerome came to look for me. "This is so bad," He said.

"Yeah, this is the worst!" I yelled, all the terror i was feeling showing in my voice. "T-they're gonna find me and take me back! I-i don't wanna go back!"

Jerome looked at me in confusion. "Take you back? Huh? What are you talking about?!" He asked.

I kept going on with my panic rant. "T-they're gonna find me and take me back! T-they're gonna make me be perfect again! Brainwash me! And this time i won't be able to escape!"

Jerome was still standing there confused out of his mind. I would be too if i didn't know how horrible that place was. But everything i was saying is true.

Soon enough everyone was gathering around me. All of them wondering why the "Keeper of Time" was panicking like this.

Everything was starting to get more and more blurry. I couldn't see anything. All of a sudden i felt someone press their lips against mine. The world started to clear, and i could see Jerome's worried face looking at me.

"Mitch?! Mitch what happened?!" He asked, obviously very worried.

I realized that i was laying down on the floor. The rest of the group looking down at me too. All of them wondering what that was all about.

I took a shakey breath and got up. Nobody said a word. I took a minute to find my voice before i said anything.

"We cannot go to the Swordsill Kingdom," I said, "It doesn't matter what we do but if we go in there we won't come out. Trust me."

There were murmurs of confusion among the group. "How do you know?" I heard someone ask.

I took a deep breath, this was not going to be easy for me to say...

..."I know because I'm the lost prince of Swordsill! "