23. Darkness

Rob's P.O.V.

My group and I were sprinting through the fields of northeast of headquarters trying to reach the Forribiden Oasis before sundown. Apperantley that would be the only safe place between Headquarters and the mountains where the Temple of Agility is.

I looked up at the sky worriedly. It would be dark soon. Hopefully the oasis wasn't that far away.. because if it was i would be in serious trouble..

I guess I haven't ever told anyone about my unreasonable fear if the dark. Even though the likelihood of the thing that made me scared if it in the first place happening again was slim, I wasn't taking any chances.

Up ahead I could make out the vague shadows of trees. Maybe that was it! I ran faster, hoping we could make it with the few minutes we had left of daylight.

The rest of my group ran as fast as they could to catch up with me. I have to admit, my group was awesome! The two co-leaders were named Pete and Nooch. They were pretty cool.

A few more minutes of jogging and we had made it to the oasis. It was really nice once you got past the thick wall of trees and other plants that were surrounding it. We made a small camp and started a small fire.

I sat huddled close to the fire while they rationed out out the food we brought with us. I got a piece of bread and some mushroom stew. It wasn't quite enough to fill my hunger but hey, at least it was better than when we left the Eternal Kingdom in search for the safe house.

I sighed as I looked back on those days, when our powers were fairly new and we were still freaked out about them. Heh, if only we knew about what the future would have in store for us.

I sat back and enjoyed my stew. If the fate of Minecraftia wasn't at stake this would almost be perfect.

"This is great. Isn't it Preston?" I said, completely forgetting that my boyfriend was traveling to the other side of Minecraftia.

"Oh yeah.." I sighed sadly. I knew this was fir the safety for all Minecraftia, but I couldn't help being sad.

"Hey Rob!" I heard Pete say. "How you holding up?"

I looked up, faking a smile. "I'm pretty okay!" I replied.

"Great!" He said. "We have a really busy day tomorrow. If we want to make it inside the mountains we'll have to leave really early. "

"Wait, inside the mountains?" I asked worriedly, "I thought it was like, at the base of the mountain."

"Nope," Nooch chimed in, "It's inside one of the massive cave systems!"

I went a little pale. Caves usually ment darkness, and there was no way I was going into the dark again. Especially in circumstances like this.

"I-it's well lit in there r-right?" I asked. Maybe it wasn't dark after all.

"No, the place has been deserted ever since you died in the first Minecraftia wars.. All the torches have probably burned out by now."

"O-oh.. okay.." I said. This wasn't going to be the easiest time for me. Flashbacks if that horrible day kept appearing in my head.

I think Nooch must've sensed that something was wrong, because he suggested that we get to sleep. I laid down in the grassy floor next to the water and fell asleep.

⊙⊙Nightmare⊙⊙

I was floating above a dark allyway. I recognized it immediately. My home town, the one just outside of Swordsill Kingdom. I saw a younger version of me.

I knew what was about to happen. I floated down and tried to stop myself from going any further.

"Hey!! Turn around!! Go back!!" I yelled.

Younger me couldn't hear me. I was only 10 years old, I was going to meet my friend from the royal family outside the kingdom. Too bad I chose to take a shortcut.

I walked along. Happily skipping along, when suddenly it happened.

A dark figure popped up from behind and another one in front of me. I was trapped. I couldn't do anything.

I watched as they moved closer. I was petrified with fear, i couldn't move.

I felt myself floating away. Carried off by the wind. I tried to turn back but i couldn't. Something wanted me to keep going forwards, but not before I heard the terrified scream of a younger me.

The scenery changed around me. It was the day of the big escape. I knew it instantly.

After I had been kidnapped I found myself in a weird factory place. It was underground so there was absolutely no sunlight there, and barely any torch light. I was down there for about 3 years all the other captured kids and I decided to di something.

We were making weapons for someone called "The Owner" It was really dangerous machinery and I saw more than a few kids not construct them properly and blow up.

I looked down from above and saw myself and a few other kids leading the charge against the 200 or so guards. They were easily outnumbereand we took them down after a really grusome fight.

Only half of the 500 of us made it out and saw daylight. Everyone scattered. We were in the middle of the desert, not knowing where we were.

I traveled with a group of 3 others and made it really far out into the wilderness of Minecraftia. We hadn't seen anyone else in months.

That's when we had a fight. Most of us went our seprate ways. I was left on my own.

I wandered for weeks, hiding in the night in fear of being captured again. I barley had any food in all that time.

I floated forwards again. This time I was in the most illuminated place in all of Minecraftia.

Magmus. The place where I met Preston.

I saw a 16 year old me walking the streets. Staring at all the lights. I wasn't paying attention at all where I was going, and I found myself bumping into a really cute lava mob.

We both apologized and akwardly introduced ourselves. I smiled, knowing that this encounter was probably the best accident that had ever happened.

Suddenly the whole place began flooding with water. I didn't remember this happening.

My dream started to wash away. I woke up and found myself soaking wet. I looked around to see what could've happened.

I had fallen into the oasis in my sleep. Of course.