29. Smoke

Preston's P.O.V.

I woke up, it all seemed like a crazy blur. The explosion must if knocked us down at least 10 stories.. but it didn't feel that bad..

That's when I noticed i was on a floor of smooth gold. It was only in the area around me and the kids.

That's when i relized that we were still high up. I had barley fallen.

I looked over and saw Skylox panting. "P-phew.. looks like my power is good for something after all.." He said.

That's when I remembered his poeer was controlling ores. He must've made the gold from the castle rise to break our fall.

"Ugh, ouch.." I heard Butter groan as she got up.

The battle was still happening below us. Squids were throwing ink bombs and citezens were fighting.

"Hey, where are your parents?" I asked Skylox.

"Last i heard they were going to the safehouse. We split up but i turned back to fight, " He said.

"And i followed him!" Butter added.

"Yeah.." Skylox said a little annoyed.

"Well we're not staying. We gotta get to the safehouse now. " I said.

"No!" Both protested.

"We have to! Your parents will be worried!" I protested back.

"So what? All my life I've had to not be in the fight! Well I want to fight now! I have to! This is my home!"

He looked determined. There was no way i could make him change his mind.

I sighed. "Fine. Go fight for a few minutes. I'll be right behind you." I said.

Both their eyes lit up. "Thank you!" They both yelled. Skylox used his power to build an iron staircase down and they both went to fight. I smiled and started to go after them.

Suddenly the smoke appeared. A cloud of a dark, thick, heavy fog with shattered fragments of some sort of crystal in it surrounded me.

I sensed that this thing was dangerous, but i had no idea how to stop it.

It circled around me, slowly forming a towering hurricane. With me in the eye of the storm.

It became hard to breathe. I was choking. At this point i was glad i had sent the kids off to fight.

I tried using my speed powers to break out, but the wind was too strong. I was stuck in the center.

Then i began to be lifted up. I went higher and higher. A fall from this hight would kill me.

Then a face began to appear out of the smoke. It was a girl by the looks of it. The eyes were made out of the shattered crystal, and the smile was pure blackness. It was creepy.

"Hello TBNR.. it's been a lifetime hasn't it?"

The whispery voice sent chills up my spine. I hated it. I wanted to punch it.

"Why do you have me here?!" I yelled. It just laughed.

" Tsk tsk tsk. You 'heroes' never learn do you? Such a shame really. You could've joined us when you had the chance."

I growled. I despised this thing. I wanted to get rid of it right away. I don't know why but i felt like i had met it before.

"But i am kind and i am here to offer you one more chance. Join the Haxers and live in eternal glory."

"Never!" I shouted. I couldn't let it persuade me to join the wrong side.

"Fine then.. die!" It yelled as the tornado started to slow down. I began to fall.

The only thought i could think: "Crap. Not again."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter KitKats.. some personal biz has been happening. But don't worry next week I promise to post a big chapter for sure! Well, that's all.

PieCat, Out !