Chapter 3

The pair eventually made their way back to Gotham City. Even though it was probably the most probably place Batman would find them, Robin was very persuasive. “What a better place to hide rather than right under his nose?”

                Kid Flash laughed at his friend, “We’ll stay here for a while, then we go to-”

                The breaking of glass interrupted the speedster mid-sentence. They looked for the source and found someone dressed in black slipping out of a jeweler.       

                “It’s Catwoman.” Robin whispered, taking out a birdarang.

                “I got this,” Wally gloated as he sped in front of the thief. The woman was shocked at first before tackling the speedster to the ground. “Woah getting a bit excited here, beautiful?” he asked pushing her off. Dick felt a pang of jealousy.

                “Listen, I don’t have time for this and I’m sure a man of your speed doesn’t either.  So how about you let me go and I’ll stay out of trouble the rest of the day?”

                “I got a better idea,” Robin stated throwing a ball that morphed into a net, “how about we take you in?”

                She dodged the attack and tripped the Boy Wonder, “Where’s your daddy bird boy?”

                Dick growled before standing up, “What makes you think I need him in taking you down?”

                Catwoman smiled, “Oh so it’s just the two of you? This is gonna be fun.” She began scaling the jewelry building with the speedster and Boy Wonder trailing not far behind. When she was on the roof the two heroes got into fighting stances.

                “No more running!” Robin yelled, he threw two birdarangs which Catwoman easily evaded.

                “Like I’m planning it,” she took out her claws and she pounced on them. Kid Flash yelled out in pain from the marks he got on his abdomen. Robin jumped in front of the two and began an assault of fists and kicks on Catwoman.

                She ducked when he attempted to punch her in the nose and she came back up with an uppercut causing Dick to fall back with a cry. Wally ran up and successfully pushed Catwoman away from his best friend.

                Catwoman smirked, “You want some too speedy?” She tackled the boy off the building causing both bodies to fall. Dick watched in horror as Wally fell, he quickly fastened a line around his waist and jumped to their rescue.  

                He grabbed the redhead’s hand and ascended back to the roof. He helped KF back up and noticed that Catwoman was hanging onto Wally’s ankle, drawing blood due to her claws impaling his skin.

                The burglar smirked at the Boy Wonder, “Are you gonna kill me too?” Robin stiffened, “Don’t think I heard? The whole world know that Robin Boy Wonder killed the Joker! So are you gonna finish me too?”

                Wally could clearly see that his friend was shaking; it was almost as fast as him and he was a speedster! He winced in pain but held the small boy’s shaking hand, “Robin.”

                The black haired teen nodded and pulled up Catwoman; but quickly put on hand-cuffs and leg-cuffs. “Let’s go KF.”

                Wally’s eyebrows knitted together, “Are we just gonna leave her here?”

                “You’re right, do you still have your com-link?” He asked.

                KF nodded and handed him the small device, “Here, why?”

                Dick turned it on, “Robin to Batman, we have Catwoman on the Gotham Jewelers building.”

                The machine buzzed before the unmistakable voice of the Caped Crusader came on, “Robin, come home now.”

                Dick closed his eyes behind the mask, to Wally he looked like a child who felt guilty for stealing a cookie from the cookie jar. “No.” And with that he turned off the device and laid it next to Catwoman.

                “Having a little problem with Bat daddy?” she laughed.

                Wally growled before grabbing Dick forcefully and sped off the building, leaving the cat to her own devices as she slyly escaped her bondage and laughed, brandishing the shiny diamond.