Chapter 5

“Karlo, take that to Arkham; I want a big party,” The Joker ordered, throwing a folder down to Clayface. The monster nodded before morphing into what seemed to be a police officer.

                “Bane, could you carry that upstairs?” he asked the brute.

                “Si Senor,” Bane replied, pumping himself with Venom before carrying the big computer.

                “What can I do, Mr. J?” Harley asked, skipping next to her clown boyfriend.

                Joker looked at her harshly before softening his gaze, “What can you do? You can just sit there and be pretty my dear.”

                “Aww puddin’ but I wanna do something!” she complained, flailing her arms in a childish manner.

                The clown prince of crime growled before striking her across the face, “Fine, if you want to do something here take this and plant it around the building!” He handed her several packages and she sped off to do her task.

                “I can’t believe this,” The Flash said, staring at the villain to make sure he was real.

                “What do you think happened, Uncle?” KF asked.

                “I don’t know kiddo, whatever he did we got to let Batman know.”

                Wally nodded before looking behind him, “We have to go ba- Hey where’s Robin?”

                The two speedsters stood and walked to the alley, where they found the boy on the ground punching the air in a celebratory manner. “Yes! I didn’t kill him!”

                KF smiled at his boyfriend and pulled him up. “Now, let’s take you back home.”

                “What you did was irresponsible, reckless and just plain stupid. You put yourself in danger, as well as Kid Flash in danger. I am disappointed that you thought that running away was the only option, you had both me and Alfred worried, Dick are you listening?”

                “Yes I am, but are you? The Joker is alive and he’s planning something! We have to-”

                “No, you are staying here… both of you.” He ordered, glancing over to the young speedster, “And Alfred will be here to make sure you do.”

                Dick looked up at his surrogate father shocked, “But Bruce I-”

                “No buts, Dick you have idea the worry you put me through. That is why you are staying here until I say you can leave, got it?”

                Dick sighed, “Yes sir.”

                Batman then looked at the Flash, “Warn the others about this, afterwards meet me at the place you say you saw the Joker.”

                The two teens sat down, watching intently at the TV screen as a Vicky Vale began her story, “We have news that there has been a mass break-out at Arkham Asylum. There are reports that super-villains such as Two-Face, The Riddler and Killer Croc are among those who are free.”

                Robin frowned, “So that’s what he is planning, an all-out Gotham war.”

                “I don’t know Master Dick,” The British butler said, going through the living room to the kitchen, “But I’m sure Master Bruce can handle it.”

                “It looks like the Justice League is here!” Vicky exclaimed, “Wonder Woman is breaking off and she seems to be headed straight for Two-Face.”

The Amazon hero flew to the ex-politician, “That’s enough Dent!”

The villain pulled out a pistol and began firing at her, she deflected most with her gauntlets but missed one as it penetrated her arm. She kicked the pistol from his grasp and lassoed his feet together, “Stay here!”

“How about you do too?” He pulled out another pistol and began firing again as he escaped the magical rope.

Vicky started jumping excitedly, “There’s Superman!”

                He punched the brute Bane who flew into a building.

                “Superman, how great would it be if I broke your back as well?” Bane taunted, as he filled himself with Venom.

                “I don’t break easily,” The two strong men began fighting before the hero was dragged into the sewers.

                “Hello Superman, so nice to finally meet you!” Killer Croc greeted, as he swung his tail, hitting him in the chest causing him to fall backwards.

                “And there’s-“ But before Vicky could finish, an explosion rung across the studio.

                “Hello Vicky darling, I love your work!” The perpetrator said, as she walked towards the reporter, her vines winding around Vicky’s waist. Poison Ivy flashed a smile at the camera before another explosion erupted.  She smirked at the two new heroes as she flung her captive at them.

                The Green Lantern caught her easily as Martian Manhunter lunged at her.

                “It’s complete and utter chaos down there!” Wally exclaimed.

                 Dick nodded, “I know, that’s why we are gonna help.”