Chapter 7

Mr. Freeze chuckled, placing a frozen palm on the frozen boy, “The Joker wanted Batman… but he never said anything about who gets to take down his side-kick,” He raised his weapon and pointed it at the Boy Wonder; his finger on the trigger. “You’re next, Robin!”  A sudden crack echoed through the warehouse as the Freeze was disarmed with a yelp of pain.   

                “You’re not hurting my favorite bird are you, Victor?” smirked Dick’s savior as she slinked down to the stone floor.

                The cold villain growled, “Catwoman.”

                “Yup.” She said as she pounced on him, claws at ready.

                Mr. Freeze quickly stepped to the side and picked up his weapon. He began firing at her, but Selina was fast as she dodged each shot and scratched his armor. Freeze chuckled, “You can’t touch me, cat!”

                Catwoman rushed him again, this time with a flurry of scratches and a kick to the helmet, cracking it in the process.

                “While they have their fun…” Zsasz said as he lunged his knife at Robin’s direction, “What’s say I make his job a little easier?”

                 Robin dodged the blade and kicked the serial killer in the stomach, causing him to fall backwards. “I got a better idea… how about we take you both down?” 

                Victor Zsasz lunged again, this time slicing crazily at the Boy Wonder before cutting into Robin’s arm and kicking him towards KF.

The serial killer ran towards him again; knife ready to thrust into his heart before Dick ducked out of harm’s way. The blade was stuck hilt deep into the iceberg incasing Wally, Zsasz glared at the acrobat as he tried to reclaim his knife before he was kicked away with only the hilt of his weapon.

“Why are you helping them?” asked Freeze, as he was hit again in the helmet causing another crack to appear.

“They’re more fun.” She laughed as she kicked the gun and it hit the doctor in the head, breaking the gun into two pieces as well as shattering his dome. He screamed in pain as his constant subzero temperature environment was gone.

Catwoman pounced again this time successfully scratching Freeze’s blue head and kicking him into the wall, knocking out the villain. “And I’m starting to warm up to them.”

Zsasz began throwing punches and kicks at the Boy Wonder but each was either blocked or countered due to the fact that Dick was trained under the Batman in martial arts. Victor took another kick at Robin, but his leg was caught and he was kicked at the KF iceberg breaking the ice as well as knocking out the killer.

The speedster fell but was quickly caught by Dick, “You alright, KF?”

Wally smiled up at the boy, “Never better.” Before reaching up and pecking the boy on the lips.

“Hey!” called out Catwoman as she made her way to the couple, “Are we going to free him or what?”

The two blushed before standing up and making their way to the Dark Knight, “Batman, we’re here,” said Robin untying him from the chair.

“Good,” he chuckled before a punch flew into Robin’s nose.

KF gasped, “Hey what the big idea…”

Batman stood and stepped back from the three before growing in size and his skin seemingly melting into a brown color. He laughed as he turned into the monster Basil Karlo. Catwoman glared at him, “Clayface.”