Chapter 2

He suddenly turned on his chair and picked up a piece of paper from under the desk. Intern 2 was tempted to draw a flowchart right there, but he couldn't bring one to life without being able to stun it from the start. No, he had to do something different. Grabbing a pencil, Intern 2 began to write:

Flowcharts Are The Best - A song by Intern 2

It was a pretty bad name, but he kept it anyway. He didn't have the best imagination and never really knew anything about music, but he thought writing a song would be a good way to get to the flowchart's heart. The only thing he really knew about music was that Daughtry sucks. He thought of his thoughts from earlier in the day and started to write his song.

Ovals and boxes, everything in between

You know flowcharts bring structure to chaotic scenes

He thought of many different lines to go after that but only thought of ones he thought would be more suitable for Metal. He eventually decided to go for one of those and sing it himself.

F-f-f-flowcharts are the best

Awful, right? Intern 2's imagination was not very vast, though, so that was the best he could do. He was sure the flowchart would accept him.

If all your information's in a disarray

I know a very special tool that's gonna make your day

F-f-f-flowcharts are the best

He thought it would be a good idea to repeat that line throughout the song, however bad it may be. It would have more of a flow to it.

Arrows point and pointers do too

I think I'

"Whoa, what?" His writing was interrupted when he felt something under his foot. "I think I've got some toilet paper stuck on my shoe!" he sang. Wait, why did it come out as a song? It sounded pretty good though... maybe he could use it for the song! He used that quote in the song, just for the hell of it. Maybe it would even make the flowchart laugh. He continued writing:

ve got some toilet paper stuck on my shoe

F-f-f-flowcharts are the best

All of a sudden, Bigfoot walked past and Intern 2 hid his sheet of paper quickly. Perhaps it was too fast, however, because Bigfoot seemed to notice. But he just shook his head and kept walking. At this point Intern 2 realised that he'd been holding his breath, so he released it, picking up his paper and pencil again.

Boys and girls and Bigfoots too

We can map out a plan just for me and you

F-f-f-flowcharts are the best

Did he need one more verse? Intern 2 didn't like even numbers. That's why he hated his name so much. He remembered how Scene introduced herself to others (I'm Scene, you see?) before continuing to the next verse.

Fighting with co-workers is a misery

But a flowchart can help improve the scene, you see!

F-f-f-flowcharts are the best

Smiling at this achievement of writing five verses in the space of about 20 minutes, Intern 2 hid the paper under the desk again. The room was empty. He didn't need to stop now, did he? He may as well use the time he's got. He began singing aimlessly. "Flowcharts! Flowcharts are the best! I said that flowcharts! Flowcharts are the best! Oh, I said that flowcharts, oh flowcharts, oh flowcharts..." Wait... why not include that in the song? It sounded a bit silly since he had just made up the tune and lyrics as he went along, but why not? He picked up the piece of paper once more and added the extra bit in. He smirked at his success before Scene walked through the door, not noticing the paper that he had just frantically shoved under their desk. He sighed as he sat next to her, talking about Indie... again. Tomorrow would be the day. This was his only chance.

____________________________________________________________

Author's note: Wheeew! New chapter! Songwriting. Fun, right? Why not go listen to the song he was writing? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GVSyugLOVo You won't regret it! Bye, ya dingus!