Chapter 14

"Hey, Mr 2? You there? I mean I know you're there, that's why I'm here so please just tell me you're there so that I can stop talking about nothing and start telling you the important things because my lungs just ca-"

"Hey, Satan. I thought you wouldn't come back."

Satan laughed menacingly. "I'm always here, Mr 2. Even when you least expect me. Maybe even now."

"So, are you here for a reason or did you just want to catch up?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry, my bad," he replied quickly, scanning his eyes over Intern 2's desk area. It had been about a week since the whole Flowchart thing, and honestly, he was feeling better than ever. "So, about that whole flowchart fiasco..."

"Hey, dude, don't even worry about it. None of this is your fault. Well, it kind of is, actually, but I suppose I should be thanking you. Everything's been going great since then - Indie hasn't even spoken to me once. Not even to insult me! Can you believe it?"

"Yeah, I guess one thing you can learn from this is, like, don't trust Satan when it comes to setting up a relationship. I mean, I would've thought that'd be kinda obvious, since, y'know, I told you it was a match made in hell, not heaven. That's why the title of the fanfiction has 'kind of' in brackets at the end, see? Analyse that next time. Either way, though, if you're looking for a decent relationship, just hit me up and I'll give God a call, alright? It's the least I can do." He paused before breaking out into a cackle. "HAHAHAHAHAHA oh my goodness as IF!!! You thought I was serious? Come onnnn, everyone knows I haven't met God, that bastard. That beautiful bastard. Anyway I'm going to bed, catch you later. If you need me give me a call on my hellphone, which is like cellphone but starting with h instead of c to make it a funny joke. Gonna get going now because this paragraph is getting too long, see you later."

Just like that, Satan disappeared into a cloud of flames and ash. The sudden lack of heat made Intern 2 shiver, but he smiled, feeling content. He saw Rayna and Metal walk by together, talking and laughing. Although he never loved her, it made him happy to see Rayna happy.

Everyone seemed happier, honestly. Idol was happier. Scene was, inexplicably, happier. Techno and Dubstep were probably happier but let's be honest, no one ever knew what they were talking about anyway. Indie was never happy, but Intern 2 didn't care. He didn't have to see him anyway, and so his foul mood would never spoil his day.

Most noticeably, however, Hip Hop was happier, hippier and hoppier. Indie was right - he had been acting differently since Intern 2 started seeing Flowchart. It was almost as if he had become disconnected from not only Intern 2, but the rest of his colleagues as well. But now that Intern 2 had more time for him, he seemed to go right back to his old self. He truly was grateful for him. He seemed to be the only one to treat him like a human being, let alone a friend. Hip Hop was the best person he could ask for.

"Hey, Intern 2!" he had called out one day earlier that week. "How about that Harry Potter marathon, huh?" The pure excitement and genuine joy in his eyes had made Intern 2 smile.

He knew he was going to be okay.