59.Caleb Logan

(IN TRIBUTE OF CALEB LOGAN *BRATAYLEY*)

Let's say Caleb and Addison had a bestfriendship right before she moved and all before then. Along with Lauren.

Addison

"Yes I'll tell her thank you I had heard about it recently someone came and asked me I will do so though sir thank you I had no idea", I heard my dad say.

"What", I said.

"Addison sit down"

I did.

"Caleb you know he uh", dad said stopping his sentence to wipe his face.

"Caleb like Caleb Caleb from when I was younger", I said lighting up.

Caleb was my bestfriend before Lauren even came around. He was an old friend Hayes but they drifted and we became friends instead.

I still call him every Saturday Monday and Thursday the days he doesn't have baseball practice.

"How is he.... He didn't call me yesterday and he didn't answer my call either", I said.

"He- Addison he passed", he said.

"He what", my voice cracked.

"He passed in his sleep and-"

I couldn't process that.

"No he didn't", I said crying.

"Her mom wants you to know that he passed in his room with the stuffed animal you have him years ago"

My eyes were damp.

"Caleb", I whispered.

"Do you want a hug", he asked.

I nodded.

I cried in his stomach.

"He w-was my best f-f-friend even when me and s-soph were fighting he l-listened to me rant and cry and cry and h-he can't be g-g-g-goneeee", I dragged out crying.

He just rubbed my back.

"It's okay baby", he said.

"I-i need to just be in my room for a while", I said trying to fake a smile.

I walked upstairs then ran in my room. I threw all my clothes out my way looking for my bestfriend scrap book.

I gave Caleb 9 pages.

There was a note from him from 2 weeks ago I wasn't supposed to read it until my birthday but I couldn't hold it.

There was a birthday card with 20 dollars in it. And 2 different notes. One was for my birthday and one was an update on his life stuff he's doesn't tell me on the phone.

2 pieces of paper.

2 pictures of him an I that I had never seen before.

One of them I was hiding behind a tree with him and the other was him and I just looking at eachother. Smiling. I had a soft spot for him in my heart no marred what he did I'd always forgive him.

I read the regular note.

Take the 20 dollars and buy frames ;) I miss you hopefully you'll come back to hometown soon. I haven't seen you in years but hearing your voice is nice. I won best baseball player last week. I bet you win best dancer all the time it's because your great. Keep doing you because it's working. My mom showed me your solo it looks beautiful.

-xoxo Caleb your guy bestie

I couldn't hold in the sobs.

"Oh Caleb", I whispered.

I laughed at the guy bestie part.

I looked through the rest of our pictures through the scrapbook.

"Your not promised life the next day", I said looking at the picture where I was looking at him.

I then saw my wrist.

He always told me to stay strong of the bullying.

I let him down.

And I think I'm about to let my dad and him down again.

I thought about it.

I touched my wrong and winced. They might not be fresh but the pain is just as bad.

I decided I wouldn't.

/ funeral \

They asked me to speak.

"I don't wish to take up a lot of time but I would like to say this Caleb and I spent a lot of child life time together and he will be remembered as a happy soul", I said trying to hold the cries.

I looked up.

"I loved and I loved and I lost him", I said closing my eyes tears streaming down.

"When my dad had told me about it memories flooded my head I haven't ever actually experienced a death or I have but I don't remember it", I said.

"I've never attended a funeral"

"I have never spoke in front of so many"

"And I most importantly never thought Caleb would pass on this early" I said.

"Back to what I was saying", I said getting back on track.

"When my dad told me memories flooded my brain and I went to my friendship scrapbook. Many many picture of him, Lauren and I as little 2nd graders"

"I came across a gift from Caleb that I was not supposed to open until my birthday but I couldn't wait especially with new news as sad as that he game me money to buy frames", I laughed at that.

"I'm laughing because that is so unlike Caleb he is not very serious and he's not adult like and if I could compare him to anyone if say he's like Peter Pan"

"He gave me money to buy something my grandma buys but he wanted me to buy frames because he had found two pictures of us that I had never seen"

"It was hard for me to laugh at that then but now I am slowly coming to ease"

"Caleb I love you and I will always be your under cooked potato", I laughed slightly.

"He called me that because of how pale I am", I smiled.

They all clapped.

I didn't bother looking in the casket I couldn't bear that pain.

*done with all the funeral stuff*

I was back at home in my pajamas watching home videos Lauren him and I made.

My laugh still the same.

I was much prettier when I was younger and I favored my dad most. As I get older I think my face is morphing into my moms face.

I smiled at the thought of my mom. I bet she was waiting to meet my first crush.

Yep I admit it I liked Caleb when I was younger.

I fell asleep in my dads lap.

My eyes had closed and my stress
was let out by one single breath.