Break Out to Break In

Edwards pov

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh," Great. Just great. Now I'm never gonna see either of them the same way. Not only that but now I'm a pervert. Though it's not like I was watching for the pleasure of it. It was strictly to make sure he didn't kill her. When he brought out his knife... I almost pumped in the emergency knock out gas. Till I heard her wake up. How could she just allow him to do something like that to her? I watch the monitor as she sobs into Jokers chest, blood dripping down her face. Her once beautiful face. Only someone like him would break a person like that. But her? I wish I knew exactly what has been going through his head.

"Edward?" I jump at the break of silence. I turn to see Jonathan behind me. His mask in his hands and a scythe in the other.

"Where did you get that?" I ask confused as to why that would be here. I'm aware of the stash of weapons but a scythe is rather odd.

Jonathan turns his head to the tall weapon at his side. "I found it in the welding class. No one was using it. So I took it. What on earth are you watching?" he asks slightly wide eyed. My eyes widen and I immediately switch off the screen. My face flushes red at what he possibly could think of me if he had been standing there longer.

"Nothing." I quickly respond.

"You're disappointingly a terrible liar. And Scarecrow agrees."

"As if I care what he thinks of me." I say rolling my eyes and turning back to the other cameras displayed.

"You apparently care about what I think of you." he says fully walking in.

"Well you're you." I grunt.

"And he is part of me. You're going to have to live with it."

"I preferred when you wanted him gone. I don't know why you'd want a split personality and frankly I don't want to know." I rub my hand over my forehead. "What are you here for? I'm busy running the new freak show house."

"Where's Sionis?" he says coldly.

I sigh,"Long gone. Everything worked out in his favor. Therefore, he left the moment he got the chance and took his girlfriend with him." I explain.

"That so? Any ideas as to where?"

I smirked, of course I know. He's with one of the kids at the more privileged school. Carmine Falcons, a senior that should have graduated last year but lacked in the science department. "Of course, but I'm gonna ask a fee. Have any cash on you?"

"Do I look like I have money?" he says annoyed.

"Better go find some then. Cause I'm not saying anything without it. It took time for me to gain that bastard's trust to even let me near this security system. And if you loose to him he'll be coming after me. I suggest checking with Croc."

"That animal? Why?" he questions.

"Because once someone is done killing someone it'll be Croc who gets the scraps. Maybe the teachers had their wallets on them." I smirk deviously.

"That's disgusting." he spat.

I turn around and smirk, "Doesn't make it any less true."

"I could just use my toxin and make you tell me Nygma." he hisses as he pulls out a canister and waves it in front of me.

I chuckle, "No you won't, Jonathan. Because of two reasons. 1: I'm very easy to get into but it's very hard to get out of me, what am I? Any guesses?" he stares at me not even trying for an answer. "Danger. I'm surprised you didn't get it. Come at me with that shit again and I'll kill you," I glare. "As for two I'll make it simple. It wouldn't be much fun for you to use your toxin on a patient you've already observed."