The Greater of Two Evils...

{Fun announcement at the end!}

"You..." The two spoke monotonously. If it wasn't already obvious, they loathed each other. The funny thing is, they wanted the same thing, Harley.

Ivy's pov

I had gotten word from Nygma that Harley was with him in the nurse's wing; naturally, me and Selena came running and told Harvey to go find us a ride. Of course, Joker happened to show up just as we arrived right outside the door."Stand aside Joker... I don't want to fight you but like hell will I let her go anywhere with you."  He looked worn out and disheveled like he had been through hell and back just to get here, not that it mattered to me. Whatever idiocy he's been up to, I could care less. My priority is Harley, but I imagine that that is his objective as well. He's been nothing but a nuisance since the very beginning of all of this, even beyond Harley. He eppitemizes the phrase wolf in sheep's clothing. He tries to win you over with flattery, and charm just so he can spring the trap on you later at how disgusting he is, and evidently, he's only sunk lower. His eyes hold barely any emotion in them anymore. To think those eyes used to be...

"I could say the same thing colliflower." He pants. "However," a chuckle escapes him as if he has some sort of inside joke being recited to him. He's definitely lost it. " I think... I'd add a little something to it ya know?" Joker laughs. "Something to give it more FLARE and PERSONALITY. Something like, 'Get out of my fucking way or I'll beat the hell out of you cause Harley. IS. MINE.'" He growls.

"Ivy, he's lost it, maybe it's better if we leave this alone for now." Selena chimes in. I snap my head at her and glare as a warning. "Ivy, look at him he's nuts!"

"Hey I'm still here kitty! You have something to say say it to my face!" Joker snaps.

"I'm not letting him take Harley." I say, determined. At that moment, I hear a blade being unveiled.

I look at the my deranged former classmate to see him with dark expression, "Like hell, are you going to stop me." He hisses.

I feel Selena grab my arm as an attempt to pull me away from this inevitable fight, but I resist. I just need one vine to wrap around him to break his bones, or cut off his oxygen, that's all it would take to end this. I am going to end this! For Harley! I am not going to let her be victim to him any more!

"Pamela!" A new voice breaks the tension.

Selena breaths a sigh of relief, "Thank god."

"Ed..." Edward stands between the two of us, a disappointed expression on his face. Joker has released his defensive stance but it doesn't mean it isn't obvious that he is still on edge. He's been acting so reckless, one might think he's been suffering from withdrawal. So this must be what he's like off of his meds to the fullest extent. I can't tell if it's intimdating or pathetic.

"Where is she Nygma?" Joker asks, but if anything, it came out like a demand.

"First tell me what the hell is going on. I know you are both here for Harley but did the two of you seriously almost have a fight to the death right outside the door where she is? Have you both lost your minds? I highly doubt she'd want to go with the man who killed her best friend, or the friend who killed the... love of her life." The last part he says reluctantly, which only makes me curious as to why he would even say it, maybe for emphasis? Love. As if anything between them can ever be calculated into love. I remember at one point I did think that there could have been love between the two but now the idea of it just makes me want to puke. That disgusting piece of crap could never love anyone. The only person who truly loves Harley is me.