Popular Song

So this chapter begins the morning after the Sadie Hawkins dance.
Parts of the recovered memory didn't happen in the last chapter.
Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------

Marley woke up with a headache, blurry vision and she was naked.
But she wasn't in her own room.
She looked at the lump next to her.
She recognised the back of the head;
Jake's.
She slept with Jake?
Everything comes back to her. She remembers them dancing that final dance at the Sadie Hawkins. She remembers seeing that Ryder had already moved on to Kitty. She remembers she ended up kissing Jake. She also remembers wanting more than just kissing.
She can remember going back to Jake's place. More kissing. More being really close. She remembers telling him she was ready to be with him fully.
She had her first time last night with Jake.
Marley gets out of the bed quickly and gets dressed. She looks at the clock on the side of Jake's bed; it's early but she won't be late for school since it is Friday. She then notices a note attached to the door. She takes it off the door.

Dear Marley,
I know you're probably going to leave as soon as you get up so just remember I had fun last night when we danced and then when we kissed.
You were my first time.
Also, my mom is currently out of town so it is safe for you to exit out the front door.
I'm picking you up to head to school together.
Don't protest with me
See you later,
Jake
Ps. I wrote this when I had to pee when you were sleeping but that's probably too much information :)

Marley puts the note in her pocket and goes down stairs. She exits the house, locking it behind her. She walks out into the cold morning. She wraps her arms around her. She breathes and sees her breath.
She takes out her phone and calls Rachel, asking her to pick her up.
Rachel arrives, still in her pyjamas.
"You should be grateful my dads' are out of town or you'd have some explaining to do them about why you weren't home last night." Rachel says as Marley gets into Rachel's Mini Cooper.
"Sorry Rach. I got distracted." Marley says, doing her seat belt.
"Yup. You got distracted by Jake's lips and body." Rachel says as she pulls away from the curve in the car.
"My bad." Marley says, blushing.
"It's alright. You're young and falling in love." Rachel says.
Marley sits frozen. Love kind of scares her. It's such a big commitment. It's kind of how her and Ryder ended. That and her feelings for Jake.
"So what are you going to tell Jake?" Rachel asks.
"He knows I would've left early in the morning so he left a note on his bedroom door. I want to be with him but it's just weird now." Marley says.
"Why?"
"We've already slept together and we're not together."
"It makes it more romantic. You two would be really close together. Also I ship you too. Ever since A Thousand Years." Rachel pulls up into the driveway of the Berry Household.
"Thanks." Marley says with a smile.
They exit the car and walk inside. Santana and Mercedes are standing at the other side of the door, waiting for them. Santana's standing there wearing pyjama shorts and a singlet with a sleeping mask on her head while Mercedes is wearing flower pyjamas.
"So where've you been, missy?" Santana asks, folding her arms and looking at Marley with a slight raised eyebrow.
"Jake's." Marley says.
"You two did the deed, right?" Santana asks with a smirk.
"Possibly. How would you know anyway?" Marley asks.
"Well one, you stayed the night at his place after I saw you two sucking each other's souls out on the dance floor last night. And you have a bad case of the sex hair." Santana says.
Marley starts to fix her hair up and runs upstairs to get ready for school. Rachel, Mercedes and Santana follow her up the stairs.

------------------------------------------------

"I'm taking your Mini to go pick up Britt. Thanks and bye." Santana says, grabbing Rachel's car keys and rushing out of the house before Rachel can protest.
"Jake's picking me up in a bit." Marley says, sitting down on the living room couch to play Subway Surfers on her phone.
"Same with Sam." Mercedes says, sitting in the arm chair in the living room to text someone.
"Well, Finn should be here soon for me." Rachel says, sitting on the couch next to Marley.
There's an awkward silence then the doorbell rings. Mercedes rushes up and opens the door to see Sam. They kiss then Mercedes grabs her bag and they head to Sam's car, closing the door behind them.
"There goes Cedes. Two left." Marley says, still looking at her game of Subway Surfers.
"This feels like The Hunger Games. We're the last two left and being taken away by our boyfriends or in your case, Jake, is like being killed." Rachel says.
Marley agrees with a nod of her head.
The doorbell rings. Rachel gets up and answers it. It's Finn.
"Looks like you won The Hunger Games, Marls." Rachel says to Marley.
"What are you talking about?" Finn asks, confusion written on his face.
"It's nothing," Rachel kisses Finn, "Let's go. See you later, Marls." Rachel grabs her bag and closes the door behind her.
Marley's all alone. The doorbell rings minutes after Finn and Rachel left. Marley gets up and answers it. Jake stands there smiling.
"Hey." Jake says.
"Hey." Marley says, picking up her bag.
"Let's get going." Jake says as Marley locks up the house.
They walk down to Jake's car and Jake opens the door up for her. She gets in, smiling at him. He then races to the drivers side and gets in.
Jake pulls out of the drive and they hit the road to school.
"So where are we in our relationship?" Jake asks, breaking their silence.
"I want to be with you Jake but I find awkward that we've slept together." Marley says.
"What's so awkward about that?" Jake asks.
"That's what Rachel said." Marley says.
"I'm glad to see Rachel's on the same page as us." Jake says.
"She said she ships us." Marley says with a small laugh.
"I do too." Jake says, smiling.
"Let's just get to know each other better and all that will be good if we start a proper relationship," Marley says, grabbing Jake's hand, "Will you be my boyfriend?"
"I'd love to." Jake says with a grin.
Marley smiles.
"I think I love you." Jake says.
Marley goes frozen and doesn't say anything. This is what she fears. Love. Yeah, of course one day she'd love to fall in love but right now, she fears it because of her fame.
"You have a thing about love, don't you?" Jake asks.
"Yeah. One of the reasons Ryder and I didn't work out." Marley says.
"We'll work out, I promise. You don't have to love me back just yet. I'll give you time." Jake says with a warm smile.