Aris

AUTHOR: HEY GUYS! The brilliant idea of writing from Aris' perspective is from StubbornTaurusGirl ! Sooo, THANK YOU to her for the genius idea! Hope y'all enjoy this different, mini chapter! <3

  And just like that, she's gone.

  Who know's when she'll be back? I didn't even say goodbye.

  The guys with the huge guns disappear in a flash, leaving us dumbfounded about what just happened.

  "What the hell was that?" I ask Minho.

  "How am I supposed to shucking know?" He replies sarcastically. Shucking, shanks, I still don't understand their way of talking.

  My heart sinks to the pit of my stomach at the thought of her missing without warning, without a way of contacting her. The connection I felt to Olivia, I couldn't explain it. Most people would think I am crazy, but I swear to myself that we knew each other before all this. The way she makes me feel, the way I admire her everything little thing and how I daydream about a regular life, just the two of us where I get to make her dinner and kiss her in the rain. I love her. She is what keeps me going. She is a part of me.

  A part that has been ripped out of my hands.

  I turn to Rachel. I had never really liked her during my time in the Glade. She was a bully towards everyone.

  "How could you do that?" I ask her, a single tear falling from my eyes.

  She has dropped the gun by now, hands and legs shaking. "Aris, I-"

  "How could you do that?!! She's gone! The girl I love is gone!" I yell, fists balled at my sides. My voice cracks at the last word, gone.

  Harriet stands in front of me, holding me still by the shoulders. "Aris. Calm down." She firmly says, gently pushing me backwards. I can't help the tears now streaming down my cheeks, I mumble words that even I can't understand.

  I find my back against a wall and I slide down it, pulling my knees to my chest. The tears won't quit coming.

  I see someone sit down next to me. It's Newt. For a while, he doesn't say anything.

  "I lost her once. She ran into the bloody Maze just as the walls closed. Was cryin' like a blubbering baby. Then it all stopped. Halfway through the night.  All I felt was a numbing pain."

  I keep my attention on my fingers, playing with the rips in my shorts. I'm expecting Newt to punch me again, but he doesn't.

  He continues. "That's when I realized I loved her. When she was gone is when I found out I bloody loved her."

  "I love her too." I whisper, more to myself but Newt still hears it.

  "And of course I am not happy bout that, mate. Naturally, I want to punch your bloody face in." There it is.

  "That's nice." I mumble. What even was the point of this conversation?

  "But I have seen the way she looks at you. She used to look at me that way. I guess she's bored of me now." He sighs, and I can't help but feel bad for him.

  "What are you saying?" I ask.

  "I'm saying go. Be with her," He says, looking at me.

  "Why?" It almost seems too good to be true.

  He stands up. Looks down at me. "Because. If you love something, let it go."

----------------------------------------------------------------