Anger

"I haven't seen them since I brought you here." Aris says.

  That snaps me out of my thoughts and I look up at him. Regret fills his eyes. It tears my heart apart, but anger still burns deep inside of me for what he did.

  Part of me wants to make things right. To hug him and be friends again. To let go of the past and understand everything.

  But that's only a small part of me.

  Most of me wants to beat his face in, scream at him and cry and hate him. I know the anger will eventually wash away, but for now, it's here. The Betrayal means I can't trust him. And my heart tells me I can't forgive him.

  As if reading my thoughts, Aris speaks again. "Olivia I don't know what it's gonna take. Please come back to me. I don't expect you to forgive me so easily, and I know things can't go exactly back to the way they were, but please understand that I did this because I care about you. We care about you."

  "I would rather have you hate us than have you dead." Sonya adds.

  I feel pressured. Like a weight is pushing me down. I don't understand. The Betrayal was supposed to be for Newt and I, I thought. I saw it.

  But I am also thankful it was Aris and not Newt. Because things might have been the same way. I can't imagine what it must have felt like if Newt do this to me.

  I miss his arms around me, and how he kisses my forehead, and the sound love rolls off his tongue when he talks to me. I miss his comfort and his eyes and his lips and everything about him. All I want is to be near him right now. How could I be so stupid. I freaked over nothing. I thought I liked Aris, but I don't. I love Newt. How did that get questioned?

  "We need to go." I squeak out, running my hand through my hair, quickly wincing at the pain from my scalp.

  Aris and Sonya nod.

  "Hand me that." I point to Sonya's knife. I still don't trust that this whole "betrayal" thing is truly over.

  She cautiously hands it to me, and I yank it away, holding it tightly in my hand.

  "Just until I am sure this whole kissing some one else and beating me up game is over." I say.

  "What else do you want me to say?!" Aris asks, raising his voice. "Huh? I dreaded that moment for who knows how long!"

  "Then why'd you do it, Aris?!" I snap back.

  "To keep you safe! They took you up to fix your bullet wound and a woman came down, told us what we had to do. She said if we didn't do it exactly the way she explained, that they would kill you for good! I care about you, Olivia! I couldn't let you die! I just couldn't!" He yells.

  "Was that make out session part of it? How things got so heated between us? Or were you just taking advantage of me because you knew things would never be the same afterwards?"

  "No, Olivia-"

  "Admit it! You took advantage of me, of my feelings, and of my body! How do I know you actually cared about me? How do I know all you wanted was my body and not me! Because I can't trust you anymore!" Anger riles up in me. Every time he kissed me and touched me, he was looking for something to come out of it. He was never gentle or tender. Always full of lust.

  "How could you think that? I love you! I love you more than anything in this sucky world. You were the one thing making me happy! I did it because I loved you! How can you be so blind?!"

  My whole body shakes from anger, from sadness and from worry. "We need to go." I whisper and turn around. I hear Aris grumble behind me, but I am in no mood to talk to him anymore.

  All the emotions I've been feeling this entire time, they all come flooding back. Everything I've experienced in my now life slaps me in the face. My heart hurts from Chuck and Winston's deaths. I long for Newt. I feel angry for Aris and Sonya.

  I almost died. For probably the thousandth time. But this time, Wicked saved me. Out of all the people they let die, they sat back and watched, they made sure to keep me alive. It makes me sick. They let Chuck die. They let Alby die. They let all of my friends die and all I can think about is how they let them be killed.

  "You ready?" Sonya's voice rings in my ears, clearing my thoughts.

  "Yeah." I reply, and leave the room. It's time to get out of the Scorch.

AUTHOR: Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is kinda short. It's also a filler chapter. I can't believe this book is almost over. It makes me sad. New gif of Aris, eh?