Meet

Do you have fan art? Send it to me through Instagram (Shuckoffgreenie) or Email (Acreativeblur@gmail

Do you have fan art? Send it to me through Instagram (Shuckoffgreenie) or Email (Acreativeblur@gmail.com) ❤️

  When I wake up, Newt is the first thing I see, which makes me happy.

  "Olivia?" His head perks up.

  "Hi," I say weakly, still groggy from whatever they did to me. I don't try to stand up so eagerly this time. I wipe the eye crud out of my face and pull the blanket I am covered in up to my chin. Newt is sitting so far away from me, I wish he was closer.

  I see Aris not to far away. His eyes are sunken and he is playing at the rips in his pants anxiously.

  "Good to see your shining-shuck face," I look up and see Minho. "Glad you're here." He says, more sincere this time.

  I smile. "Thanks Minho....how many days have we been out here?"

  "Three or four. We better keep going, only if you feel like it though. Don't want you getting shot in the leg again." He laughs slightly, but even he can't manage to hide the depressing mood that hangs over Group A and B.

  "Okay." I agree, pulling the blanket off of me and examining my leg. A few stitches, but it doesn't hurt too bad. I stand up, wobbling as I attempt to regain balance. Minho grabs my arm and stabilizes me. The others begin to stand up as well.

  I walk over to Aris, who has his hands stuffed in his pockets and is staring at the ground.

  "Hey." I say quietly.

  "Oh, um, hi." He stutters, refusing to look into my eyes. Something is up.

  "What's wrong?" I ask, taking a step closer. He backs away.

  "Nothing-no, nothing is wrong. Just tired, yep, tired. That's all." He mumbles, picking his stuff up and walking past me to join the others. What is his deal?

  "Aris!" I yell after him. "Why won't you talk to me?" He ignores me and keeps walking. I roll my eyes and pick my stuff up, walking over to join Minho and Harriet by the door. I didn't know Harriet well, but I already liked her.

  Harriet whistles, grabbing everyone's attention. "Alright people! Enough playing it safe! We keep going until our legs snap. We sleep for a few hours then keep going. No more wimps!"

  "Dang." Minho says.

  "Shut up." Harriet responds and turns around, pushing the door open, exposing us to the outside world.

A cloud of dust greets us, making the air thick and hot, miserable to breathe. I tie scarf around my face so that only my eyes are exposed, blocking the dirt from my lungs.

  "Come on!" Minho shouts and we set off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Its dark outside and we can barely see anything. A few people carry flashlights, but its barely enough to fight the consuming night. My legs are like noodles and I struggle to take deep breaths.

  We've been walking for eight hours to make up for lost time, not even sitting down to eat or drink. Two people have died from Group A, four from Group B.

  "Alright, lets stop." Minho says and falls to the ground, stretching his legs out in front of him. I plop down and quickly pull out a bag of crackers, quietly munching them as everyone eats and sleeps.

  No one talks. Aris won't talk to me, and Newt stands far away from me. I catch him staring at me a lot though, I just wonder what is going through his mind. And when the rain starts to fall, (almost seeming impossible in the condition of the Scorch. The climate must really be screwed up) all I wish is to wrap myself in his arms, snuggling into his chest and embracing myself in his warmth.

  But I can't. Whatever is going on between us prohibits me from doing that.

  So I curl myself into a ball, shivering as the rain soaks through my clothes and attempt to close my eyes. I fall into a deep sleep, but no new memories come.

----------------------------------------------------------------

  Three more days filled with walking. Three more days full of death, hunger and pain. Three more days of neither Newt or Aris speaking to me.

  And then we saw it.

  A tall building in the far distance. Shelter. Safe from the Scorch.

  Excitement riled up inside me as we approached the place, stepping inside, greeting by cool air. I ripped my scarf off when I see what the room was filled with.

  Two people.

  A hispanic man steps forward, a bottle of alcohol in hand.

  "Three questions," Is the first thing he says to us, pouring his alcohol into a glass cup. "Where did you come from, where are you going, how can I profit?" He takes a sip of his drink. No one dares to say anything.

  "Don't all answer at once," He laughs. You could hear a pin drop. "Where did you come from?" He points to me.

  "Um, um we're part of an experiment for Wicked. We don't really know where we came from." I stutter, keeping my eyes locked on his.

  He cackles again. "Where are you going, hermana?" He looks at Minho next to me this time.

  "That's our business," Minho says. "There's more of us. We should be asking you the questions."

  The man snaps his fingers. "Brenda, scan them."

  The girl standing next to him, who looks about eighteen with short hair, as black as night, jumps over to me. She grabs my head and pushes me forward, quickly overtaking me.

  "Hey! Get off me!" I scream at her, flailing my arms around.

  "Oh shut up you big baby," She says and pulls out some sort of device, which she quickly swipes over the back of my neck. It makes an old cackling sound and something burns in my neck. She lets go of me and I fall to the ground, rubbing my sore throat. "Jorge, They really did come from Wicked." She says to the man, Jorge.

  "If you refuse to tell me where you are headed, I have no choice but to kill you all." Jorge declares, pulling out a long, sharp knife.

  "Okay! Okay, we're going to a place called the safe haven, we don't know what's there," I say, holding my hands out in front of me. "But they promised us safety."

  "Question three. How can I profit?" He asks, slipping his knife into his belt.

  "Look, we don't know much. But maybe if you help us get there, you could be safe from the Flare."

  He barks out another laugh. "Safe from the Flare? That's funny, hermana. No one is safe from the Flare. We all have it, and we are all crazy."

  "Not us." I say, grabbing his fading attention.

  "And how is that?"

  "We're immune."

  And with those two words, he snaps and a large group of people jump down from the ceiling and whack us over the head, sending my head into a black abyss.

AUTHOR: Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is really boring. Bleh