Betray

"God I am so happy you're here," He says, rushing towards me. He grabs my hands and stares into my eyes.

  "Me too." I say.

  A smile creeps up on his face. "I couldn't bear myself without you. I'm sorry I was just a jerk before. I never should have ignored you. I don't know what was wrong with me. But I can't live without you Olivia," He says. His thumb rubs my cheek. "I love you Olivia."

  He puts his lips on mine quickly. Our lips mold into each others as they move in sync. I can't control my actions, I kiss him against my will. It's like someone else is controlling me, yet some sort of desire fills me as he continues to kiss me. He cups my face in his hands and then puts them in my hair as he kisses along my jawline.

  "Aris-the others-" I say as his lips travel to my neck.

  "Let's take this somewhere private," He purrs and looks at me, grabbing my wrist and we walk towards an unknown destination. We arrive at a small building, dark inside, a faint green glow illuminating the walls.

  He turns to me. "Where were we?"

  He pushes me towards the wall, pinning me against it. His lips find mine again, kissing me passionately. My hands hold the back of his head and his hands slide up and down my sides, playing with the hem of my shirt. "God, I love you." Aris mumbles against my lips.

  I try to say it back, but I can't. I want to so badly but I can't bring myself to find the words. Yes, I feel a strong attraction for him. I can't deny the heat I feel and the senses he ignites in me, but its not what I feel for Newt. It will never be.

  But in the moment, Aris is all I focus on. His lips trailing my neck and my hands on his chest. Flashbacks to him kissing me before I entered the Maze.

  He pulls away, and I let out a small whimper. He spins me around so that he is against the wall, and he guides me across the room.

  "Olivia," He pushes a button the side of the wall and a screech sounds from behind me, metal against metal. The wall on the other side of the room opens up.

  "Yes?"

  "I love you."

  "You do?"

  His face turns to stone, but I still see emotion in his eyes, and it does not match his words. "No, no I don't. I love someone else."

  A punch to the stomach.

  He draws out a spear and aims it at my chest. "Please, Olivia. Don't resist. Don't make this harder than it needs to be. Don't say a word and this will all be a lot easier."

  I back away. "Aris, what are you-"

  "Shut up," His words tremble. "Please, just don't say anything."

  "Why, what-"

  He punches me in the stomach with the end of the spear and I fall to the ground, coughing up air and groaning at the sore pain that shoots through my core.

  "Don't talk or it will get worse." Aris warns, his voice still seems to be full of pity and guilt.

  My chest falls into my stomach. I can't process what is happening. Just a minute ago he was telling me he loved me, showing it through his actions. Was this all a lie? Or is what he doing an act?

  "Come on out," He calls out over his shoulder.

  A shadow emerges from the back corner, whoever it was was watching us the entire time. Heat rises to my cheeks.

  As the face comes into focus through the darkness, my mouth drops.

  Her strawberry blonde hair. Her pale skin. She holds a long knife in her hand.

  "Sonya?" I ask, out of breath.

  Aris slams the end of his spear into the side of my head, an explosion of pain rushing through my skull and down my neck. I can't help but cry out, hot tears rolling down my cheeks.

  "I said shut up," Aris says, the words catching in his throat. He points to Sonya. "This is the girl I love. The girl I've always loved."

  He turns to her and slams his lips onto hers. She doesn't hesitate to kiss back, wrapping her arms around his neck. The kiss is heated and I can't watch anymore. I look down at my hands, holding me upright, and just listen to the awful sounds. Despair runs throughout my body and my hands tremble.

  After a few minutes of pure torture, they finally break.

  "I knew Sonya was the one for me ever since I woke up in our Maze. She's the only thing that matters to me."

  "I...don't...care!" I spit out angrily. How could I be so stupid? How could I trust him? "What are you trying to do?"

I am beyond confused and worried at what is going on.

  "I am sorry, Olivia. But if we don't do this, Wicked will kill all of us." Sonya says.

  "Don't do this. Just get killed, see if I care." I shout.

  Another slam to the side of my head. I fall over to my side as I feel hot liquid pooling on the side of my scalp and trickling down my neck.

  "Its either you or us," She continues. "You're our sacrifice."

  "How could you do this, Aris? I trusted you!"

  He slams the spear down on the top of my head, sending even more pain through me, if it is even possible. Tears fall down onto the floor, from the physical and emotional pain.

  Aris. My friend. He helped me et out of the Maze. He cared about me. He saved my life. He loved me.

  Or so I thought.

  "Stand up," He says. "Stand up God dammit!" He yells, hitting me again.

  My head spins and white lights flash in my eyes. The world spins around and I feel like I'm gonna puke any second. My head is throbbing, my skull feels like it is detached from my neck.

  He grabs my arm and pulls me up roughly, my tiptoes barely touching the ground.

  His voice is so shaky, "I never cared about you. Never. You're dirt under my feet after what you did to me. I hate you," His eyes are sunken and hollow, his words stick to my heart like glue. "I'm glad they're going to kill you."

  I squeeze my eyes shut. The sadness is gone, replaced with an anger burning so wild it could set the entire scorch on fire. I bring my fist up and collide it with his jaw. He cries out and drops me, my head slamming against the ground. I can barely breathe.

  Something hits my side, and I swear I can hear my ribs crack. I look up and Sonya is helping Aris up as he rubs his jaw.

  He walks over to me and puts his foot at my stomach and pushes me away. My skin burns as I slide against the floor, but I have no strength to fight back. I lay there like a limp rag doll. My back rests against the wall. I am in the new room that opened up.

  "I'm sorry." Aris whispers as he walks away, over back to Sonya. The sides of the walls start to close. Aris turns to Sonya and takes her hand in his, putting his lips back on hers.

  I close my eyes. I can't bear the pain anymore. Its all too much. They want to kill me, but I'm already dead.

  The doors close.

  This is it.

  A loud bang sounds from somewhere in the room.

  A sharp pain grows through my head.

  Blood spills onto the ground.

  Goodbye.