Chapter 4

I woke up to the sounds of taps on the door. Just then, a guard comes in looking angry and upset with me. He walks towards me, pulling me out of my bed. I stayed silent just so I won't make it worst. He picks me up by the back of my jumpsuit. He then pushes me forward so I would move, and kept doing that until we got into this dark room. I'm deathly afraid of the dark, so I try not go near it. Unfortunately the guard pushes me into the room, then locks the door.

I suddenly become very anxious, hearing voices laughing, mocking my pain and suffering. I try to cover my ears to block the horrible things they say about me. When I did that, they only got louder and louder until I started to scream to stop. I pleaded for them to stop, but the voices only got louder to the point where I thought I was going deaf.

Suddenly someone entered the room, which scared me and I ran to a corner and curled up in a ball, shaking like a leaf. The person finds me so I started to scream and cry. The person caresses my cheek and I move my face down. With this person touching me and the voices I was a mess.

"Jack, calm down, it's me," the person said.

Just then the lights turn on and I see Mr. Gilinsky, standing by the light switch. He then kneels down in front of me and puts his hand on my cheek. We look into each other's eyes and then I broke down into tears. He pulls me for a hug, I dig my nails into his back, then cried on his shoulder. I wrap my legs around him and pulled him closer. For the first time, I don't feel cold, and empty. I actually felt warm and fuzzy inside.

"Jack, are you okay?" He asked looking at me,"Did they hurt you in any shape or form?"

I shook my head and I realize his face was centimeters from mine. I look at his lips and my breath hitches. I look away, fighting the urge of getting closer to him. I can't let my guard down, I just can't. He picked me up and brought me back to my cell, still hearing the guard yelling at us, but I guess he didn't care.

We get to my cell and he puts me down on the soft ground. He took off his glasses and putted it in his pocket. He looked up at me and put a hand through his hair. He took out this lighting up box then makes funny noises. I crawled closer curious of what that lighting up box is.

"What is it, Mr. Gilinsky?" I asked politely.

He looks up from the lighting up box and gave me a confused look. I pointed at the object and he looks down at it, then getting what I was saying.

"This is called an iPhone," he said showing me.

I raised an eyebrow and looked up at him. I didn't understand what an iPhone is. I looked when closer to it staring into the light which burns my eyes a little, then I touch it and the picture started to move which scared me, so I backed away from it. He chuckled at my fear then he sat down next to me.

"You shouldn't worry, it won't hurt you," he said showing me the "phone."

He presses this button on the bottom of the phone, holding for a few moments. Then another screen pops up and it all these little pictures popped up as well. For twenty minutes, he was teaching me how to use it.

There was so many "apps" I think that's what it's called. There was so many to keep track on. There was many games with so many different colors. It wasn't black, white, or red. I giggled at the many funny sounds that came out of the phone. In the corner of my eye I see him smiling at my reaction to this new thing.

"Do you like it?" He asked chucking.

"Y-Yes, it is f-fun," I said giving it back to him.

"Wait a minute I want to show you something," he said taking out this long string with buds at the end,"These are headphones."

He sits one in his ear and plugged it into his phone. He gave the other one to me. I hesitated a bit, but I put in my ear. He taps the app with the music note and he pressed on a banner.

I suddenly heard a piano playing faintly and then I heard a girl start to sing softly. I look at Mr. Gilinsky, who was biting his pink lips. He starts singing along with the girl. He was really good that I started swaying back and forth.

He stood me up and he put my arm around his neck. He put his arms around my waist, which made my breath hitch. I followed his lead and we started to dance. He twirled me and pulled me closer. I put my head on his chest, listening to his heart beat to the beat of the music.

The song ended and we look into each other's eyes. I look up at him, seeing that big smile on his head. I focus his eyes on his lips. I felt myself leaning on, but I stop myself and backed away from him.

Just then, I heard someone come in. It was the guard, angry and upset with me as usual. I hid behind Mr. Gilinsky,
and peeked my head out from behind his waist.

The guard's fist clench and walked towards us. He grabbed Mr. Gilinsky and throw him out of the room. I ran out to him and looked down at him, crying.

"Mr. Gilinsky, please stay with me," I said tears hitting his face.

I kissed his forehead and his eyes flutter open. He sat up and on his forearms and looked up at me. He started leaning in, but the guard pulled me back into my cell and slammed the door on me.

Later that night, I heard something buzz. I sat up scared at that noise, then I see something lighting up in the middle of the floor. I crawled over and it was the phone, Mr. Gilinsky must of dropped it when the guard threw him out. I pressed the green button and put it to my ear. Jack showed me how to use the telephone part before he left.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, it's Mr. Gilinsky," a familiar voice said.