Chapter 8

I wake up and I realized I'm not in my room. I'm actually in a comfortable bed with a warm blanket. I look over and see a door opened. I stand up and walk over and I realized that it was a private bathroom, just for one person. I see Mr. Gilinsky putting some weird substance in his hair. He sees me and smiles.

"Good, you're awake," he said stepping out of the bathroom.

"H-How did I get here? Why am I here?" I asked nervously,"You going to be in trouble if I'm out of my--"

"Jack," he said cutting me off,"Relax, I will bring you back to your cell after breakfast."

"No, Mr. Gilinsky, I do not want you to have yelled at by Sister Catherine," I stated walking to the door.

"Did it ever occur to you that I do not care what Sister Catherine says?" He asked which made my eyes widen.p

I look down at my feet and tense up, thinking about how much twill be in. I want to stay with him, but I know I can not. I check to see if the cost is clear, nobody was there, and I was about leave, but Mr. Gilinsky pulled me back in the room. My breath hitches as he shuts the door on me, cornering me.

"I want you to stay with me," he said sounding desperate,"Please Jack."

I am not going to fall for it that easy, even my heart is in a puddle now. Let is see how much he really wants me to stay with him. I go under his arm and head towards the bed. He was about to grab me, but I slapped his hand away. I turn around and giggled.

"Something you should know about me," I said going into his face," I am not easy to have."

"I like a challenge," he said smiling.

I press my chest against mine and he backed up to the door. I hear his over-active heartbeat against mine. I went on my tippy-toes so we could touch forehead. I caressed his cheek and looked up into his dark eyes. You could tell he was flustered beyond belief.

I then grab the door knob and opened the door quickly. I escape from his grip and ran down the hallway. I was trying to find the stairs, but someone grabbed me only it was not Mr. Gilinsky this time. I look up at the face and I was immediately terrified.

"What is a patient doing up here outside of their cell?" She asked angrily.

I did not answer or it would only make it worst. She grabbed my jumpsuit and dragged me into another bedroom. I am guessing this is her room. She threw me down on the concrete. She   stood me up and unzipped the jumpsuit exposing my bare back. Then tied up my wrists again one of the bed posts. I put my head down and waited for the torture to begin.

I heard a crack of her whip and instantly felt the pain my back. I did not make a sound, trying to not cry out. She hits my five more times and stops for a moment. Just then a I heard a door slam open and a familiar voice.

"Hello Sister Cat- what in the name of God are you doing?!" He said hearing him dropping items.

"I swear if this is Jack then you are in huge trouble," he snarled.

I feel him untie me and stood me up. He look into my face horrified, put me over his shoulder and left the room. I keep telling him that I am fine and to put me down. I was too weak to do anything, so I just let my arms dangle.

We finally arrived in his room and he set me down on the bed. He called out in the hallway for a first aid kit. He finally had it and went to work on me. He bandage me up and I was about to leave, but I still felt pain. He tried to lay me back down, but I push his arms away.

"Mr. Gilinsky, I can not stay here," I said sternly.

"At least take a drink of water before you go," he said giving me water.

I took the water and drink it all in one big gulp. I suddenly felt sleepy, so sleepy that fell back on the bed. I wake up and I was in this meadow, with tall grass, the forest surrounding it, and the sun warming me up. I then heard giggling, I walk towards it and I see a little boy being hurt by these bullies. The bullies took off his glasses, threw it on them on the ground, and smashed them. The bullies were calling him all the names under the sun.

I was about to help him, but there was this little boy with blond hair. He pushed the bullies away and told the other boy to run away. The other boy took off sprinting and the blonde hair boy was beaten to a pulp. When the bullies left, I run over him and try to touch him, but my hand went right through him. The little boy sat up with tears in his eyes. That little boy was me.

I woke up sweating and breathing heavily. I was still in Mr. Gilinsky's bed. I was scared out of my mind, that when Mr. Gilinsky came in the room, I jumped back. He came in with this paperback that felt greasy on the bottom. He took it out and there was this three-dimensional oval wrapped in paper. He gave it to me and I immediately unwrapped it. It smelted delicious, but I forgot what it was called.

"What is it?" I asked stomach now growling.

"It's called a cheeseburger," He said smiling,"Try it, you might like it."

I smiled and took a big bite and I was instantly in love. His eyes lite up when he saw I was enjoying this. When I was finished I look over and see him not eating the other cheeseburger. I walk over and put it in front of him.

"Come on, Mr. Gilinsky, eat something," I said holding his hand.

"No, I can not I have to finish analyzing data," he said not looking up from his work.

"Can you at least take a break?" I asked sweetly.

He look up and smiled. He took the burger and eating. We talked and laughed all night.