Chapter 4- a call from Mabel

Dipper came to the conclusion that despite the fact that he was blind, and had to go home eventually, he would much rather be here than what was currently his home. The shower was warm and relaxing, and the steam seemed to clear his thoughts as it fogged the air. Hot showers where his go too for stress, and baths of that temperate where also very satisfying. He thought about home life. He could go back tomorrow morning, or even later, he gained enough trust in bill to believe that he would take him home when he asked. After all, the guy had six puppies. Any person who puppies trusted was all right in Dipper's book.
He quickly came to the conclusion that Bill's nice, quiet, house in the woods was much better than the loud, stressful, shack. He got dried off, and dressed. He excused himself to bed, and was thankful for the bedside drawer, in which he placed his phone and cane. He had decided in the morning to ask Bill if he could stay longer. He fell asleep, hoping that Bill wouldn't mind.
     The next morning he woke up to find a bundle right next to his leg, more clothes. He thanked bill internally and quickly changed into the clean clothes, another regular tee, and some skinny jeans. He grabbed his phone and cane from the bedside dresser and put them into his pockets. He then walked into the bathroom connected to his, and fumbled around for the brush somewhere on the counter, who puts brushed on the left side anyway? Bill didn't have a tooth brush for him, so he brushed his hair and walked down to the kitchen. Bill was already up, making turkey sandwiches for breakfast. It seemed that Bill didn't care about what foods to eat when, and Dipper always thought that it was odd to restrict what you ate buy what time it was. Half way through his sandwich, which was actually alot better than the pancakes, he decided to approach the subject of him staying a while.
     "Um... Bill? Can I ask a favor?" Dipper started.
     "Sure, dipping sauce!" Bill responded cheerily.
     "Can I... stay here for a while? I don't really want to impose, but I'd rather not go home today," he said nervously. "I mean you don't have-"
     "You can stay as long as you want," Bill cut him off.
     "Really? Thanks man, I'm sorry if I'm gonna get in your way of something. "
     "Nonsense! Hey I have an idea! I allready feed the puppies, and there a small area in the backyard for them with a dog house," Bill started willing those things into an area behind the front of the house. "Let's go to town and get you some clothes, and a toothbrush! Oh! And the state fair is tomorrow we can go to that!" Bill said jumping out of his chair. Dipper smiled, and quickly agreed and thanked Bill.
     Dipper waited in the car as bill grabbed his wallet and some cash. As Bill started the car, Dipper felt a huge grin spread across his face. After a minute or so of silent driving Dipper started some conversation.
     "Bill? How old are you?" Dipper questioned.
     "I'm sixteen, how about you?" Bill replied.
     "I'm twelve, funny I thought you sounded twentyish." Dipper replied. Bill mentally face palmed, he had forgotten to adjust his voice, oh well. He couldn't do that now.
     "So Dipper, is that your real name?"
     "Nah, my sister says I have a birthmark shaped like the little dipper on my forehead, so that's how I got the nickname. I don't know if that's true or not, but I've been called that since first grade."
     "There's Defidently lines under your bangs. So its probably there."
     "Well that's the story behind my name, tell me the story behind your house."
     "My parents decided that they vacation off in some country without me, and haven't been back for two years, so I've been sticking around. It's a free house after all."
     "Oh! I'm sorry, it must suck to be all alone..."
     "I got puppies! And you're around too so I'm not all that alone." Bill said. Dipper felt slightly embarrassed after the last sentence, and almost flattered.
     "Anyway I-" Dipper began only to be cut off by his cellphone. "Oh! Do you mind Bill?" He asked as be wiggled it out of his pocket.
     "Not at all." Bill said. Dipper flipped the phone open and took a breath.
     "Hello?" He asked nervously.
     "Dipper! Are you OK? I-" Mabel started.
     "I'm dandy." Dipper cut her off.
     "Oh my god, where are you?"
     "With a... friend." He almost hesitated to say friend, but thought the term was well fitting, Bill have a small hum of approval in the driver's seat.
     "Dipper are you hurt? Where are you? Well come get you! Grunkle Stan is so hacked that you left. You need to come home!" She said in a panic. "I'm so sorry dipper, I really didn't mean it!" Dipper took a a breath in. He didn't want to go home, he was actually kinda pissed that after the blowup she had on him yesterday she didn't bother to look until now. Apparently, he wasn't a priority anymore. He took a second to compose himself before he spoke.
     "Mabel. I am not going home right now. Nor will I come home tomorrow, and I'm not sure about the day after that. You can calm down, I'm not hurt, in not in trouble, I'm perfectly fine. Yes I've had enough to eat, yes I took a shower, and no I won't change my mind. I'll call you later."
     "Dipper! Wait please!"
     "No, I'll see you later Mabel. Oh wait, I won't!" He hung up with an angry huff.
     "That probably took some courage, to stand up like that to this 'Mabel'," Bill started. "I assume she's a relative or close friend they way you talked, and tried to keep calm with her."
     "She's my twin sister, she's the one who said I was faking being blind." Dipper responded harshly.
     "I blatantly encourage you to be more civil in matters concerning her in the future, you only have one sister. Then again, you have every right to be pissed. Regardless, were in town! To the shops!"
     Dipper was happy to get out of the truck, the conversation, and his newly soured mood. He hoped that shopping with Bill would be more fun than the car ride was. A little part of him knew that this would be fun, something about the mysterious kid screamed freedom to Dipper. A mysterious type of freedom that only Bill could show him. He had a feeling that he'd be happier talking to bill about anything than talking to Mabel.

     Dipper happily followed Bill into the store, glad to not have to deal with his overprotective relatives.

Thanks for reading!

Tbh I might be really grounded soon. And by really grounded I mean I'll be grounded for like five or more months without a phone to do this on.

So in short, this might be the last update for a very long time.

I'll see you after the maybe hiatus.

I'm really sorry that shit is hitting the fan for me right now, but I can't change it now.