Chapter 9- the demon's dimension

He had done it. He finally asked Bill. He was nervous but he managed to stutter it out. He knew that he couldn't talk to Bill about his potential feelings without knowing. He couldn't say love until he knew what Bill was. There was silence from the other. He was growing more and more afraid. Dipper was about to apologize and run to his room, then he heard Bill stand up and walk over. Dipper summoned some courage and kept his ground.
     "I'm sorry about this," Bill whispered so soft Dipper almost couldn't hear. Before Dipper could reply he fell asleep, falling into Bill's arms.

     Bill gently carried Dipper back to his room before hopping into the mindscape. He had put Dipper to sleep, pushing his consciousness into the mindscape. Dipper was sitting up in the bed listening for anything. He looked almost relived to hear Bills breathing. Bill almost smacked himself for not putting some form of sound here first, after all humans weren't ment to have complete silence. They lived with sound from birth till death. Stupid move Cipher.
     "Hey, Pine Tree, welcome to the mindscape," He gulped trying to sound calm.
     "B-bill? What is this place? W-what are you going to do?" Dipper trembled. He felt a bit betrayed that Bill did...whatever he did to get him here, wherever he was. Bill walked over and sat about a foot away from the human.
      "I'm... Going to answer your questions," Bill spoke softly to not scare Dipper.
     "O-okay... I guess... W-what are you?" Dipper stuttered out.
     "I'm a demon, a dream demon to be exact. I'm the only dream demon in this universe. There are other versions of me in other universes and most have a counter part who is named Will. Will would be my equal in power if this universe had one. Though he's opposite in my personality. This universe used to have a Will, but I won't say more other than hes gone now," Bill started sadly. "Some Bills have jobs, some do not, and some versions happen to be humans that reincarnate. I have a job in this universe. My job is to, to put it simply, convince people to sin. That Bible stuff is funny, but the Adam and Eve stuff is actually pretty accurate, at least in this universe. The snake was me however, and I wasn't really a snake I was in human form.
     "Regardless, the reason behind me doing my job is that, in this universe, demons don't have intercourse to create more demons. Demons are created by taking a corrupted human soul and combining it with natural magic. A pure human soul combined with magic creates angels, and any human soul with artificial magic creates a golem. As for neutral souls, they get recycled into different humans. A soul has to be extremely corrupted or highly pure in order for it to become anything other than a golem. I'm the only demon that can sneak into the back of People's heads to convince them to do things that can corrupt them. Nowadays my job is easier because people tend to corrupt each other, but when that stops I'll have more work."
     "If you're a dream demon, do your powers work in the real world? Or like is it only mind tricks?"
      "It varies from universe to universe, I have the power to take things out my dimension and into yours. Makes my job easier."
There was a moment of silence.
     "What about hell?" Dipper inquired.
     "That's where low-level demons live, meetings of high level demons are held, and souls are combined with magic. Heaven is pretty much the same, but Angles."
     "God?"
     "There's few of them, they create universes and pretty much just spectate as things happen. If they don't like how something happened the make a new universe set where something else happened. The concept of God being on the side of angles helped them get more pure souls. The terms I've been using are also constructs of the angles to make them look like the good guys. There is no good, there is no bad, just to sides trying to boost their population.
     "A 'pure' soul in a unbiased since is a soul that would not be an angel or demon. A 'corrupted' soul would be one that would. I was putting it in human terms, and I don't like human terms. They make me look bad. The more unbiased terms would be a pure soul for a soul that is not inclined towards either side. A soul for that would become a demon is simply demon biased, angel biased for angels. The souls are corrupted for whichever side they go to. Sorry I've been ranting."
     "It's fine...so, where are we?"
     "My dimension. I call it the mindscape. My dimension is where dreams take place, where memories are, stuff that's in people's heads. It's where I live, and you can create and control the environment with some imagination. For example I can summon a water fall," Bill replied summoning a medium sized waterfall putting the bed on the shore next to it.
     "How do I know your not lying? You could be making this all up, you could have gotten a recording of a waterfall," Bill shifted closer to Dipper on the bed and gently grabbed his hand.
     "I'll change back to my regular form. My voice sounds different and my body is different so you be able to feel and hear the difference," Bill replied. He shifted back being prepared for the worst. His small hand was still in Dipper's, and the human looked confused. He rubbed Bill's small hand and hesitantly reached out and poked Bill, dropping his hand in the process. Bill remained quiet as Dipper's fingure tips brushed over his front and towards his sides. He then gently gripped the sides of the demon, and tried to distinguish the shape.
     "Your a triangle," Dipper stated after a moment.
     "A floating one, yes," Bill replied. Dipper seemed a little taken back by the change in voice. It went from normal to slightly distorted and echoing.
     "W-what do you want with me?" Dipper trembled.
     "I'm gonna be honest with you. I like you. As the only creature of the mindscape, I'm privy to all sorts of knowledge. It's not just human minds here, demons and angels dream and think in this dimension too. Out of every mind, every memory, in here I stumbled across yours. I was kinda impressed. Despite your limitations, you're determined to be just as good if not better than your peers. And don't get me started on your dreams. The thing is I liked the way you interpreted the world around you and I just wanted to hang out with you and stuff," Bill rambled. He felt embarrassed despite not actually telling Dipper the extent of his feelings toward him. There was silence.
     "And in order to 'hang out' with me you kidnapped me and stuck me in another dimension when I figured out you weren't human," Dipper accused. He was angry with Bill for taking him out of his dimension. He knew that his anger was only in defense, and that he mostly felt betrayed.
     "N-no I didn't kidna-"
     "Then how am I here, obviously I've been kidnapped!"
     "No, Pine Tree, listen I-"
     "If you expected me to like you after you kidnapped me you're insane." Dipper hissed. Bill gently placed a hand over Dipper's mouth and didn't move it when Dipper licked it.
     "Dipper. I didn't kidnap you. You are asleep. It's the dream dimension remember? Your physical form is asleep in your dimension while your consciousness is here talking to me. It's not like I decided to whisk you off and kidnap you from everything you've ever known. In case you haven't noticed I've been trying hard to get on your good side.
     "This entire time I could have taken you to my dimension from the start, before you knew me. I could have been in your head making you fall madly in love with me. I could have cheated my way into having you but I didn't. I didn't want some false relationship. I wanted you to love me as much as I love you in your own time. I didn't want you to be scared off by me being a demon at the beginning. I mean if I was a human and a demon suddenly showed up offering me shelter and food I'd be terrified. I didn't want to scare you away. I'm sorry if you feel like I've kidnapped you but I haven't. I just wanted us to be here so you wouldn't fall asleep mid conversation, and so that it was easier to prove to you that I am what I am," Bill spoke. He hadn't realized what he had said until Dipper's question.
     "You love me?" The human questioned. He felt comforted by Bill's ramble. Knowing that he wasn't ripped from his home without his consent he didn't feel as betrayed as he felt initially. Now he needed to be sure that Bill felt like he did.
     "I... Yeah. I do," Bill replied, feeling embarrassed that he had to admit it so quickly. Dipper was silent for a few minutes. He was trying to come up with a good response, but felt almost dumbfounded. He didn't actually think Bill liked him to that extent, and was shocked to say the least.
     "D-dipper?" Bill stuttered meekly. Dipper was still floored, trying to find an acceptable combination of words to express himself to the demon, to tell him he needed a few more minutes to think. After moments with no reply from the human he flopped onto the bed away from Dipper and sent Dipper's consciousness back to his body.

     "Your a fucking idiot, Bill," was the last thing Dipper heard before he woke up in the room Bill had given him.

One looooong ass part right there. 1600+ words. But I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I wrote this at a basketball game, and I didn't get hit with a ball! See ya later my boxy babes