Chapter 7- the fair

The fair was noisy, filled with the screams of excitement from children, concerned parents, and carefree teens. It smelled like fried food and grease. Bill had mentioned that there where animals and such, but he wasn't going to bore Dipper with animals he couldn't see. Instead they where here to ride the many rides that the fair had, and listen to the concert that was latter in the evening. Bill dragged him through the front gates, paying for their tickets. He then bought bracelets that allowed unlimited access to all of the rides. He then drug Dipper to a ride with a title pertaining towrds spiders.
Dipper was more confident that Bill wasn't out to kill him so he wasn't concerned when he was being strapped into the ride. It started of spinning slowly, and Dipper felt the seats where slowly become more parallel to the ground as they got higher in the air. Then the came towards the ground becoming less parallel in the same fashion. The ride then started to speed up. When the ride was at top speed Dipper found himself laughing along with Bill. The other people screamed, but the slightly nauseous feeling in his gut and the nervousness from when they where parallel to the ground combined gave him a giddy feeling. He was upset when the ride stopped, and was hoping that it would start again. Even though it didn't Bill quickly got him on another ride called the Arctic Blast.
This one had you going in a circle so fast that the centripetal force stuck you to the side of the cars and the wind chilled you. It then went backwards just as fast. This ride, and the next seven, didnt fail to give Dipper the giddy felling of the first. The first few ride where what Bill had called 'beginner' rides. He started out with short rides that where ment to make you dizzy. They then proceed onto some small roller coasters. By the time they had finished the smaller coasters it was almost time for the concert, so they began making thier way towards the concert hall.
The concert was about an hour long, and was mostly just contry music. A few pop songs where played here and there, but all in all the music was pretty good for a small time group. Bill had left for a fee minutes and returned with a funnel cake and a soda for dinner. He also would leave to get refills every now and then. As soon as the concert was over they started riding more of the rides.
They started right where they left off, and started with the more intimidating rides. They where picked up by one ride and spun around so fast that one kid puked on it. Thankfully it didn't hit Dipper or Bill. They then proceeded to ride many other vomit inducing rides. They where thrown into the air and spun so fast that Dipper almost lost his funnel cake, but they all supplied that giddy feeling from the other rides. In fact they had somehow made it stronger. The fear of knowing that each one was going to be worse than the last, the extreme dizziness, and the sheer speed of the rides. It was all a bit intimidating, yet exciting at the same time. People around him where screaming, maybe they could see something that scared them. Maybe sight wasn't what you needed on rides. He already was either laughing or screaming while laughing. He quickly came to the conclusion that most people where week and needed to close their eyes to enjoy the experience properly.
"Hey Dipping dots, we've ridden almost all the rides, wanna walk around the shops a bit?" Bill asked.
"What kind of shops are there?" Dipper questioned.
"All kinds!" Bill began enthusiastically. "Clothes, toys, food, and just random things in general! Come on, Pine Tree! It'll be fun!" Bill tugged impatiently on Dipper's hand. He chuckled at Bill's childish behavior and nodded, allowing him to be dragged along. He thought that was almost...cute? He was embarrassed by his own thoughts of how Bill was charming and endearing. He felt as if he had developed some sort of beyond friend zone feelings for him. That was understandable, Bill sounded freaking hot. Not hot as in sweating, but hot as in 'god damn find me a hotel room for what I wanna do' hot. That, and Bill was always so nice. He had, afterall, taken a total stranger in and had bought him everything he might need and then some. Regardless of this new development he was still being trapped into shopping.
He wasn't certain how the browsing would go, after all it was mostly just browsing, but he was confident that Bill would make it exciting somehow. They started in a huge crowded pavilion, they had samples of foods, gummies, perfumes, and other products thrown at them from almost every place they stopped. One place even wanted to paint his nails, and after some fast talking on Bill's part Dipper ended up getting his nails covered in the polish. Mabel had painted his toes before, but he had never had paint on his nails. They felt unnaturally smooth and slightly weighted. The texture was slightly intriguing, and soon after he'd catch himself rubbing his nails absentmindedly. He hadn't paid attention to what color bill had picked, not that he really cared. They continued to shop around for a bit before Bill loudly proclaimed his boredom and began to drag Dipper in the direction of the rides.
They had gotten into a ride called Power. The ride strapped you in so that there was no going anywhere. Instead if starting slow like the first ride, this one started fast. They where lifted up in the air about one hundred feet going in a half circle, the entire time the seats didn't rotate so when they where at the top they where entirely upside down. Then the ride had them descending making the other half of the circle, this was happening while it was going at top speed. The giddy feeling was back and he was laughing like a maniac while the ride managed to make him feel incredibly weightless yet heavy at the same time. Bill was laughing as well, and they were spun until Dipper couldn't figure out where gravity was pulling him, or if the ground really existed at all. Then he felt the ride slow down. He was dizzy and disappointed when the ride was over. He had hoped that the rush would have lasted longer.
"Alright kid, ready to go?" Bill asked after the ride.
"Hell no! We have to go again!" Dipper insisted, grabbing Bill's wrist and tugging it in the direction of the ride. Bill laughed.
"Ok,ok. You ride the ride, and I'll win you a prize at one of the game Booths, how bout that?" He inquired.
"Yes! Thanks, Bill!" Dipper screeched. Bill waited in line with Dipper before he got on the ride, leaving after Dipper strapped himself in. While he enjoyed the ride Bill went to one of the fair games. He cheated a little, but at least he paid to cheat and didn't straight up steal the prize. He had "won" a huge bear, almost twice the size of Dipper, and carried it back to the ride he managed to get there as Dipper got off. They began making their way towards the exit. Bill threw the bear in the back seats of he truck, while Dipper plopped in the front.
Bill played new music from his iPod on the way back. The way from the fair mirrored the way to the fair, in terms of behavior. When Bill had said something about them being only ten minutes away Dipper heard Bill's sound again. That same distotred, echoing, annoying, laugh. Dipper was so close to believing that the first time was just his imagination. Now that he heard it twice he knew. He knew. Even with him coming to terms with his new feelings towards Bill, Dipper was still intimidated by this knowlage.

"What are you, Bill Cipher?" Dipper mumbled, not realizing he said it out loud.

So we didn't reach the goal last chapter, but that's OK my boxybuddies! I'm not liking how wattpad deletes my indents when I publish, but whatcha gonna do? I'll edit the last few chapters a bit this weekend, at least getting the indents in. See ya in the nest chapter!