Cooking With Red Spices

~With Ven~

Ventus went downstairs and set my phone on the kitchen table and looked in the refrigerator to see if he had everything he needed. "Great, I have to run to the store" he grunted seeing that he doesn't have what he needs. He closed the the refrigerator door and grabbed his phone and keys before heading out. As he walked to the the store he couldn't stop thinking about the person he was talking to online. As he was thinking, he bumped into someone. Before he could hit the cement ground, he felt a tight grip in his wrist.

"Woah there, I'm sorry" someone said as Ventus looked up to see a man taller than him by probably a few inches. The man had blue eyes and brown colored hair, before Ventus could reply he was pulled to his feet. "Thanks and it's ok, I was kinda spacing out a bit." "Hey it's ok kid, glad you didn't get hurt!" the man said with a smile. "Terra! come on let's go before we're late for the meeting!" A women with blue hair and blue eyes ran up to them. The man looked at his wrist watch "Oh hey you're right! Well I got to go, it was nice bumping into you." he said and they both took off leaving Ventus confused while at the same time at a complete lost of words to describe what just happened in front of him.

He decided to shrug it off and continued to the store. When he got to the store, he went to get everything he needed. when he was done and got everything he needed, he went over to the cashier. "Hey Ventus, how have you and your brother been and shouldn't you be in school right now?" the cashier said as he started to check out Ven's items. "We've been doing well, we just got a note from our parents this morning before we left for school.As fro school, I don't want to talk about it..." the cashier looked at him with an eyebrow raised "I want to guess something happened that got you sent home early" Ventus nodded.

The cashier decided not to say anything about the matter anymore and finished checking out all the items. "That'll be $23.76" he said and Ventus handed him $25 and waited for the cashier to gather his change. "There you go Ventus, see ya later" Ventus grabbed the bags of groceries "Yeah, see ya!" he said before completely walking out of the store. Ventus walked back home carrying the groceries as fast as he could. Once he got there he saw someone at the door. The person looked familiar, but he just couldn't put his finger on it.

Once he got to the porch the person turned around and everything became tense. "What the hell?! What are you doing here Vanitas?!" Ventus yelled almost dropping the groceries. Vanitas just put out his phone for Ventus to look at. "It's your brother, he told be to show this to you."

Hey Ven,

so Vanitas and Sora's parents called at the last minute and said that they will be out of town for about a week and they asked if they could stay at our place. I mean I couldn't say no, not that I would. So yeah, make sure you and Vani don't end up trashing the house before we get home.

After Ventus finished reading the text from his brother, he looked at Vanitas with a frown. Vanitas looked at him back and Ven just looked away with a little tint of pink and walked towards the door and unlocked it. "Don't you have stuff that you should bring with you since you're going to be here for like a week or something?" Ventus asked as he went into the kitchen and set down the groceries. "I'm going to get them later" Vanitas said as he followed into the kitchen as well.

"Alright whatever" Ven said bluntly as he took out the appliances he needed and set his phone on the kitchen table. "I'm bored, need any help?" Vanitas asked watching . "I guess, can you get the eggs and spices out of the bag and then crack the eggs and put the yolk in a separate bowl?" Ventus asked as he was washing rice and then left it wo cook in the rice cooker

Vanitas complied and did what he was asked. Ven took out some slices of bread and toasted them, then took out some ham, cheese, a head of lettuce, and a couple tomatoes from one of the groceries bag and the refrigerator. Vanitas finished cracking the eggs, he then started to sprinkle some spices and mixed them together.

"Here" Vanitas said as he set the bowl on the counter next to Ventus. "Thanks..." he said taking the bowl and went very to the stove and started pour the egg mix on the frying pan. As Ventus was waiting for the right minute to flip the fold the omelet, he felt someone behind him. He turned his head a bit and sure enough it was Vanitas leaning over his shoulder a but watching him. Ventus blushed at the sudden close gap between them. After all, it was rare for them to be this close to each other without fighting. Vanitas diverted his sight and looked at Ventus. Ventus turned back to the omelet quickly hoping Vanitas didn't notice and thought it was the heat of the stove. 

"You should really turn down the heat, your face is burning up" Vanitas said smirking. "Y..yeah..." Ventus replied as he flipped over the omelet and turned down the heat, but he continued to blush a great amount of red. He took the omelet off the and out it on a cutting board as the rice cooker went off. "I got it!" Vanitas said as he went over to the rice cooker and opened the lid as steam started to rise up. "Can you transfer all that rice to the stove and then use a wooden spoon or something to move it around the pan as I get the other things to mix it in with?" Ventus asked as he cut up the omelet into small pieces and Vanitas just complied. Ventus brought over the cut up omelet and push them all into the rice that was on the pan and then started to add some spices as Vanitas mixed them together. Never once did Ventus' blush die down, which to Vanitas was great, he never took his eye of the blond once.

Once everything was done, Ventus turned off the gas on the stove and got out four plates as Vanitas divided the fried omelet rice on each of the plates. Once they were done the door opened, "Guys we're back, hope you guys didn't reck anything!" Roxas yelled as he walked in taking off his shoes with Sora behind him. Vanitas walked out the kitchen and leaned against the wall looking at them with a mischievous smirk. "Well you two sure have a lot of trust  in us." he said as Roxas and Sora walked pass him and looked inside the kitchen. "Oh hey, you guys are back." Ventus greated hum finishing up setting the table. Roxas and Sora looked at each other with confused expressions that their brothers could get along so well. They decided to shrug it off and washed their hands and sat down next to each other as their brothers sat across from them. 

Ventus look down at his hands that was on his lap blushing knowing that Vantias was right next to him. Roxas looked at it twin and noticed, he decided to stay quiet for now and question him later. All four boys started to eat as Roxas and Sora chatted and Vanitas and Ventus stayed quiet and kept to themselves. Sora and Roxas stopped talking to each other after awhile and looked at their brothers once again. "You two sure are quiet, did something happen before we got here?" Sora asked as Ventus was lost in his own mind. "Nothing happened that's all you need to know." Vanitas said as he finished eating and got up bring his plate to the sink and cleaned it, then walked out. 

Roxas waited for Vanitas to leave, when he was gone he faced his twin. "Alright Ventus, what's going on, you're acting really strange." Roxas asked as Ventus snapped bak to his senses. "Huh, what?" he said not hearing what his twin brother said to him. "Maybe I should ask this, are you having feelings for Vanitas?" "Wait, Ventus you have a crush on my brother?!" Sora joined in now really interested. "W..what? N..no of c..course n..not!" Ventus stuttered. Ventus got up with his plate and went over to the sink and cleaned it then walked out before the other two boys could say or ask anything else. Ventus went to the living room and walked over to the couch. He saw Vanitas laying down on the couch. Ventus walked closer and looked at Vanitas, once he got closer Vanitas opened his eyes and pulled Ventus down and onto the couch. Ventus ened up with his back on the couch with Vanitas on top of him with a smirk. Ventus blushed a deep red and looked away. "Ventus look at me, I have something to say to you."