Are You There for Me?

Ventus finished getting ready as he just threw on his usual clothes on. He then remembered his parents telling him to pack somethings that he will need and they will ship the rest to their new home. Ventus took the time he was given and began packing a suitcase and backpack full of things he was bringing with him ahead of time. As he was packing, his eyes landed on his wayfinder. he slowly picked it up and held it close to his chest with his hand over it. His head was tilted down as he shut his eyes. After a minute or so he opened his eyes and put the wayfidner in a safe pouch in his backpack. He then put his suitcase and backpack in the closet behind a few other things before heading downstairs.

"I need to stop moping. This is my final day with Vanitas and I'm going to make it count!" he said in his head. Once he hit the bottom of the stairs, he saw Vanitas on one of the couches in the living room. Having heard footsteps, Vanitas turned his hand back to see Ventus. He gave the blonde a smile as Ventus mustered up a convincing enough smile. Vanitas stood up from the couch as he walked over to Ventus and took one of his hands. He then leaned closer and placed his lips onto the other. Ventus hesitated in the beginning, but kissed back right after. "Let's go." Vanitas said as he pulled away and continued to hold Ventus' hand. They walked out the door together side by side.

Ventus squeezed Vantias' hand as they walked to wherever Vanitas was leading Ventus. There was an awkward silence before Ventus turned his head to face Vanitas. "So where are we going anyways?" he asked. "Mmm... Somewhere fun." was all Vanitas answered. He then turned his head to face the blonde back, "Just wait until we get there ok?" he said as Ventus nodded in agreement. After walking a few more blocks, an amusement park of sorts came into view to their eyes. As they got closer, they stopped at the entrance. Ventus looked up at the sign that read "Destiny Islands" before looking back down to the side to look at the raven haired teen. "An amusement park?" Ventus asked, his head tilted to the side slightly. Vanitas nodded as he continued to hold the blonde's hand as they walked over to the ticket booth so they could get in.

Vanitas ended up paying, even though Ventus suggested that he pay part of it. Though, he ended up losing on that suggestion as they got their wristbands around their wrists, walking into the amusement park. Vanitas looked at Ventus, "Is there anything here that you want to do?" he asked as Ventus contemplated in his mind as his line of sight switched from rides, to game stands, attractions, and so on. After taking some time, he turned to look at the raven hair teen, "How about we go over there?" Ventus suggested as he pointed to a game stand. Vanitas simply nodded as the two walked over to the game stand. It was a balloon dart game. Vanitas ended up paying for some darts to Ventus' dismay. Though, he couldn't argue if he could because he knew he would have lost in the end anyways.

The two began to throw darts as the sound of balloons popping was almost constant. After they ran out of darts, the game stand owner hand Vanitas a plush of a blue creature with red eyes. Vanitas handed Ventus the plush. Ventus happily took it as he carried it against his chest with his arms wrapped around it. The two began to walk away from the stand and walked around aimlessly for a bit before deciding to go into the mirror house. After seeing many reflections of themselves, and laughing continuously together for maybe almost ten minutes, they walked out still having small laughs. Vanitas and Ventus then saw a photo booth somewhat across from where they were as they decided to walk towards it.

Once they got to the booth, they got in through behind the curtains as they began to choose the options they were given for the pictures. After choosing the settings, they sat back and began to make funny faces, poses, and one with them kissing each other, ending the last one with a normal picture as they sat next to each other closely, tilting their heads slightly towards each other's and smile at the camera as it took the picture. They looked at each other with smiling faces as they got out and grabbed a one of the two copies that the machine made each. Ventus looked at the four different photos as he remembered that their time like this will end, starting tomorrow. He didn't realize that he had tears until on of the, fell onto the photo copy that he was holding. Vanitas noticed as he looked at Ventus worriedly. He put a hand under the other's chin and lifted the other's chin up so he could look at the blonde in the eyes. He put his copy of the photos in one of his pockets, using his other hand, before using that same one to wipe of the remaining tears. Before Vanitas could actually do anything, Ventus stepped back and wipe them with the sleeve of his shirt. "S..sorry.. I don't know what's gotten into me. I'm ok now.." He said after wiping away his tears and looking at Vanitas in his eyes.