Chapter 4: Meeting The Gods And Goddesses

Zahra soon awoke, her eyes fluttering open as she sat up. 'What happened, I only remember meeting Apophis.' Zahra thought. Zahra put a hand up to her cheek and blushed. 'Those words, did he really mean them, is that what beauty really means, something that I have that everyone wants?' Zahra wondered. She suddenly felt something wet against her cheek and shook from her trance. Aladdin was licking her cheek. Zahra giggled and patted Aladdin's head. "Good morning Aladdin." Zahra said. Aladdin purred and climbed out of bed. Zahra also climbed out of bed. Zahra looked outside from her balcony. The sun was shining bright. Zahra sighed and began to walk towards her door. But she suddenly felt a sharp pain and fell to her knees. Zahra began to hold her stomach and she heard hissings from a snake. Soon the pain and the sounds of a snake disappeared and Zahra began to take deep breaths. Aladdin nudged Zahra's head. "Do not worry, I am fine, come on, let us leave the palace." Zahra said. Zahra stood up and walked out of the palace with Aladdin by her side. Zahra looked around before bumping into someone. "Oh I am sorry." Zahra said shyly. "That is quite alright, you must be the new goddess, I am Sobek, god of the niles, crocodiles, and alligators, I am also a friend of Anubis'." Sobek said smiling. Zahra smiled shyly back. "It is nice to meet you Sobek, I am Zahra." She said. Aladdin nudged Zahra as if wanting her to introduce him to the crocodile. "Oh, and this is my friend, Aladdin." Zahra said petting Aladdin's head. Sobek laughed. "How ironic, you are both panthers, so what brings you around here?" Sobek asked. Zahra shrugged. "I am looking around more, just to get use of this." Zahra said. "Well I must say good luck, I have to meet up with my brother Thoth, he is the god of knowledge, but he can be a bit of a show off when it comes to that." Sobek laughed. Zahra giggled. "Thanks, it was great meeting you Sobek." Zahra said. Sobek nodded and began to walk away. Zahra smiled. 'I wonder what other gods and goddesses I will meet.' She thought and continued to walk. Just as she thought of it she felt something hit her foot. Zahra looked down to see a scorpion like crown on the ground. "Huh, I wonder what this is." She said to herself and picked it up. "I see you found my crown." Said a female's voice making Zahra almost drop the crown. Zahra looked to see a women smiling at her. "Oh, well, here you go." Zahra said handing her the crown. "Thank you, my name is Serket, goddess of scorpions, medicine, magic, and healing venomous stings and bites." Serket said with a smile. "My name is Zahra, I guess I am the new goddess." Zahra said. "Yes, so I have seen, you have met my sister Hathor and my brother Sobek." Serket said. Zahra raised an eyebrow. "Is Sekhmet not also your sibling?" Zahra asked. Serket laughed. "She is only considered a sister to Hathor because the two are the same goddesses, Sekhmet is Hathor's anti-goddess self." Serket said. Zahra nodded. "And you are a sister of Sobek?" Zahra asked. Serket nodded. Zahra looked at the crown again. "May I ask what is that?" Zahra asked pointing to Serket's crown. "Oh this, this is a scorpion, it is a deadly creature from Egypt, its stinger could kill many, but since I am able to heal the venom, it is nothing." Serket said. "Ooh." Zahra said. Serket looked at the panther. "Is that your friend, he is quiet the panther." Serket said. "Oh yes, his name is Aladdin." Zahra said. Serket chuckled. "Very fitting, well, I will be off, see you later Zahra, there is many more gods and goddesses who would like to see you." Serket said. Zahra waved as Serket walked away. 'More gods and goddesses, I wonder if they are all nice.' Zahra thought while beginning to walk. Zahra continued to walk until she saw a tree with many cuts on it and she walked up to it. "I wonder what happened to this tree." She said out loud. Suddenly an axe hit the tree just inches away from Zahra. She yelped and fell backwards. A figure walked up to her. "If you are going to survive being here you might as well watch where you are going." The figure said. Zahra stood up and looked down. "S-sorry." Zahra said. "Must you be harsh on the her Bastet?" Another figure said walking up to her. The one named Bastet glared at the figure. "She should have watched where she was going, I could have missed, then what Huros?" Bastet said. Zahra became shy and continued to stare at the ground. "A-are you two also friends of Anubis?" Zahra asked. The two glared. "Well we used to be friends with him." Horus said. Zahra regretted asking, but she did not ask further questions. "Look it is no business to you and if you consider him as a friend, I recommend not talking to us." Bastet said harshly and walked off with Horus following behind. "Do not worry of those two, they have acted this way towards Anubis for a long time." Said a soft voice. Zahra looked over to see another goddess. "I am Anput, goddess of the seventeenth Nome of Upper Egypt." Anput said. Zahra nodded. "I am Zahra and this is Aladdin." Zahra said. "It is nice to meet the new goddess." Anput said smiling. Zahra smiled back, but it soon disappeared. "Who were those two and what happened to Anubis to make them so negative?" Zahra asked. "Bastet, she is the goddess of cats, and Horus, he is the god of sky and kingship, he was a good friend to Anubis, Bastet used to be his lover, but something must have happened to make those three separate." Anput said. "Thank you for the information." Zahra said. "Zahra!" A voice called. "I must be going, it was nice meeting you Anput." Zahra said waving before leaving. "Farewell until next time." Anput said. Zahra smiled. 'So many kind gods and goddesses.' She thought with a smile.