Three

Unfortunately, Calum and Raegan's relationship didn't have a normal start. As much as they wanted to they couldn't spend as much time just hanging out at the beginning of their relationship.

Calum had been working with the band a lot—5 Seconds of Summer's debut album was to be released very soon—and Raegan had started her first year of college and was having to deal with a lot of homework and studying for tests.

When Calum was free, Raegan wasn't. She was either sitting in a class listening to boring old professors lecturing about boring old subjects, or studying for stupid boring tests that were always so hard for her to pass. Calum normally didn't want to bother her, not wanting to be a distraction in the way of her studies. He wanted her to succeed in life and accomplish the things she wanted to, like getting an education.

When Raegan was free, Calum wasn't. He was either in the studio recording songs for the new album or off doing radio interviews and small shows for the fans. Raegan didn't want to hold Calum back from living his dream. 5 Seconds of Summer was gaining lots of recognition and the guys needed Calum to be just as focused as them. He didn't need to be worrying about some girlfriend he had stuck at home studying her ass off to pass one stupid test.

Neither of the two minded, however. They knew it wouldn't be that way forever—or at least they hoped it wouldn't. They knew they had to be patient with each other and that this was sort of like a test for their relationship. If they could pass this they were sure they could deal with other things that could come.

And boy, did many more things come.

They made sure to text each other a lot and keep contact in any other way possible. That was enough for them for now. A lot of people would ask Calum and Raegan why they didn't break up since they barely had time for a serious relationship, and every time they would answer the same way: I don't want to be without him, I don't want to be without her.

For them, being together and rarely seeing each other was better than not being together.

Besides, it wasn't like they never saw each other.

On the weekends they did their best to spend most of their time together and so far it had been working for them. They would sacrifice a day of their week just to spend time together, catch up on all the kisses they missed and just cuddle on the couch at Calum's house or in Raegan's bed in her dorm room. Their situation might not have worked with most people but it did for them.

Sometimes Raegan would be overly excited to see Calum—almost as if she hadn't seen him in years—and he would be excited too. Calum didn't find it strange, he knew that his girlfriend was just a really happy person, and he loved that about her.

Calum would often wish he could always have her great attitude. That was something else he really loved about her and he would always let her know every moment he could.

That weekend, Raegan had insisted Calum visit her at her dorm room even though he constantly refused because she had told him earlier that she was studying for a test and he didn't want to distract and bother her.

A lot of people actually thought Calum and Raegan were in love, seeing how they were when they were together. They always denied it, however, claiming they weren't there yet.

But they did love each other, I know and everyone else knew. They just didn't want to admit it to themselves yet.

But Calum would literally do anything Raegan would ask him to. He loved that brown haired girl so much—she thought she loved him more and they would eventually argue about who loved who more but when it came down to it, Calum loved Raegan more than Raegan loved Calum. I figured this out after a long time of knowing the pair.