Chapter 8

Get ready to hate my guts!!! Because I felt like being an emotional asshole. That's what you get from me. (chapter length: 1,230 words)

Also, huge shout out to my best friend Chapteraday! She is my inspiration. The reason I started writing anything ever is because I'm super competitive, and after reading her work, I believed that I could do that too. She is an amazing human who deserves some love! I seriously love her and please check her stuff out!

~~~~~~~~~~

As we get close to the door, I feel the tears fall down my face and my heart beating so hard. I'm scared. There's no point in denying it, I'm numb and scared as hell. They love me right? They wouldn't hurt me. No, I know they wouldn't! I swallow the lump in my throat and smile at Mamrie, who has a hand on the door knob; she smiles back, twisting the handle opening the house. My breath is heavy as I slowly step towards the door. Mamrie is waiting by the door holding it open for me, watching me closely. What actually takes in reality 3 seconds, feels like it has been hours to me. Everything slows down.

As soon as I step inside, the world feels like a layer of colour has been stripped from the entirety of it. I look around the hallway, flinching when I hear the door behind me. Mamrie puts a hand on my shoulder; she knows how tense I am to be here. I feel like a stranger, this place feels so foreign to me. I look at the walls, usually greeted by photos of Mamrie and myself when we were younger, but every photo with me in it, is no longer a thing, my face in every photo has been scratched out with a key or a pin or something. I feel tears spilling down my cheeks. I only break out of my trance when the floorboards in front of me creak. I look and see my mother and father. They look utterly disgusted that I'm here. Mamrie's grip tightens on my shoulder, I stumble back when she pulls me towards her. I straighten myself and look directly at the ground.

"Why the hell did you bring it back here!?" My dad snarls at Mamrie. She looks him dead in the eye, not afraid of what he is actually capable of doing saying nothing to him. He takes a step closer, my mother leaving the room, I know what's about to happen, mother has never liked violence but instead of stopping it, she knew I have betrayed the good Hart name. I freeze, shaking violently under Mamrie's grip, which almost instantly falls, as I go to look up, she stands in front of me.

"If you want to hurt Hannah, you are going to have to go throu-!" I hear a thud then see Mamrie fall to the ground. I scream falling to the ground right next to her, touching her face. Blood, Blood coming out of her ear ankd nose. Anger rises throughout my entire body giving me the courage to look up at my father.

"H-how could you!?" I seethe with a tear stained face. He laughs at me, saying no words, picking me up by the collar. I grip onto his hands trying to pry his hands off of me, obviously getting nowhere with that, I look him in the eyes, with so much desperation unable to speak any words. He looks into my eyes, his falling from his angry state for less than a second. Filling instantly back up with hatred.

"You deserve every bit of this you worthless piece of shit homo! You're girlfriend won't even help you now." And then, everything went black.

~~

Grace's POV
~~

She... Loves me? Why would she love me? How could she fall in love with someone as dorky and insecure like me? I can't stop thinking about Hannah. Maybe I do love her back too. Maybe I could. She is beautiful and I know I do like her, but do I love her? Well I'll never find out know, good job, Helbig! You kicked her out a while ago. Not even thinking about the pain that you are feeling right now. God I am so stupid! It's freezing out there! I text Hannah, maybe she will come back. I feel so shit right now.

I sit down, letting the tears fall from my eyes silently. I don't know how long I sit there crying and holding my hot chocolate. But I feel my phone vibrate next to me; I break out of my trance, put my now freezing hot chocolate on the coffee table and look at my phone. Its mum, I look at the text and it reads: "Hello honey, I know you're at the cabin and that's okay. But wasn't that nice young Hannah meant to be with you? Because I was in the neighborhood and there were two ambulances at her house? I hope she is okay and that you're okay. Love you honey." I drop my phone.

"Fuck!" I scream jumping up grabbing my phone and keys, wiping my eyes. She needs to be okay. She has to be! I run as fast as I can and get in my car, I don't care how cold it is, I ring every known hospital in our city and ask if Hannah Hart is at any. My hopes are high after the first three hospitals, all negative. But the fourth one, my entire body drops, both Hannah and Mamrie.

I punch the hospital address into the GPS and floor it, tears running down my eyes. How the hell could I let this happen!? I knew this is how her parents would react! But I kicked her out, nowhere else to go! This is all my fault!

What seems like an eternity, I reach the hospital, parking my car and running inside. I slow my breathing going up to the information desk.

"Hello, I was wondering where Hannah Hart and Mamrie Hart were?" I breathe out very shakily.

"Yes they both are here; Miss Mamrie Hart has been discharged with minor injuries. She is currently sitting with Miss Hannah Hart in the ICU. Are you immediate family?" The nurse tells me.

"No, I'm not immediate family," I take a minute to think and finish with, "but I am Hannah's girlfriend." She nods telling me instructions on how to get to the ICU; I thank her before taking off in a full sprint trying to find the unit. It takes me five minutes and three floors to find it. As soon as I see those huge double doors that lead into the dreaded unit, I find my breath and push the doors open, looking for the room that says her number; "241... 241... 241..." I keep repeating to myself before finding the room.

Shaking, I knock on the door, waiting a few seconds to find a very bruised, tear streaked Mamrie.

"Why are you here?" She snarls at me. I flinch looking around, fiddling with my hands.

"I'm here to see Hannah. I love her. I-I just freaked out when she told me. I need to see her. I need to tell her." I look up into Mamries eyes, she notices the pain in mine and sighs turning around to walk back into the room. I shut the door behind me. Slowly turning to look at Hannah, and as soon as I do, I regret looking because seeing her wrapped in what seems like a million tubes, bandages, casts and monitors, breaks my heart. I fall to her side, breaking down into tears as Mamrie sits in the chair on the other side of her. I grasp her hand.

"Hannah..." I whisper, pulling her hand up to my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N:)Ohhhhh hate me forever! I am a terrible human being!
Can you guess what's going to happen next?

Seriously, please please please check out Chapteraday because she is an amazing writer and I love her to bits and she deserves a few more reads. <3 <3