Operation Mongoose

This is starts in Operation Mongoose Part 1, before Isaac finished writing everyone into the book.

The reader is from a non-magic land and remains with Henry through her adventures.

Warnings: Tragic backstory, kidnapping, servant, neglect, crying

Personal Rating (how good I think it is): 5/10

Y/N POV

"What's going to happen?" You ask your life long best friend Henry, who stands across from you. You are all gathered in the streets, preparing for Isaac's new book to take over.

The others, Emma and Regina, had already begun walking towards Mr.Gold's shop in attempts to stop them.

"Nothing, I promise" Henry promises you, walking towards Emma and Regina.

"I don't want you to get hurt when it hits!" you yell at him.

"It won't hit, we're going to stop it" Henry yells at you.

"Please don't leave me" You whisper. Tears threaten to escape your eyes.

"I'll come back for you" he yells.

You watch him go. You wince, closing your eyes.
I'll come back for you.
You fear that may be a promise he can't keep.
Ever since you were adopted by Johanna, the maid at the castle, you knew you were different. You knew you weren't from the Enchanted Forest when the curse broke. Then Johanna died, and you were an orphan again. No one wanted custody of you, because no one knew you existed. Except Henry.
You told him you were fine living alone in Johanna's old house, so he didn't make a comment on it.

No one knew who you were to Henry. And still, no one knew you existed. Not Emma, not Regina.

Even Granny ignores you while you eat with Henry at her diner.

Suddenly, the earth rattles, and looking around you see everyone else falling too, and you fall to the ground, your vision blackened.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One of  your fondest memories of Henry was when you guys first had a sleepover. Regina was teaching Emma magic so you had the place to yourselves. You were twelve, and he just turned thirteen. You had a pillow fight, baked a cake, and write a story together.
By "write a story" I mean,you mean, you guys spoke it. You would come up with ideas, throwing them into the darkness.
From then on, you did that at each sleepover.
He would always say your name so beautifully.
"Y/N!" He would exclaim.
"Y/N!"
"Y/N!"
You bolt up.
Your hands are tied behind your back, a piece of duct tape covers your mouth.
Isaac, the author, stands in front of you.
"Hello Y/N" he says, "Enjoyed the nap?"
You struggled against the rope, trying to break free.
"It's no use, you know" he says, "You won't get out. I know who you are. I know who your parents are. It's too bad you'll never know"
He stacks heavy cardboard boxes in front of you, so that you are blocked from the doors vision.
And with that, he walks out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The boxes are filled with hundreds of hardcovers of Issac's book, titled Heroes and Villians.
And Isaac was right. Struggling made no difference. Night had fallen an hour ago, and you lay on the floor, helpless.
Why did you stay?
Why, of all people did Isaac take you?
Suddenly the door swings open.Your view is blocked by the heavy boxes surrounding you. But you hear a familiar voice.
"Alright, you have my undivided intention"
"Where's my family and Y/N?" Says a strong masculine voice. Henry. Your heart practically lifts out of your chest. He did come back for you.
"Your family is back home. Why do you think you didn't go back? You weren't born there, kid"
"Neither was Y/N. Where's she?"
You make as much noise as you can but its no use. He can't hear you.
"She's dead. I killed her" he snarls.
You can hear Henry's voice crack, his voice wobbly, "Liar"
The tone of voice empowers you. He cares for you. Maybe if you could knock down these boxes.....
"No one cared about her anyways. Why should you?"
You position your feet to push, and lay back, gathering your strength. You brace for the weight of the books that will crush you.
"Because I know her better than anyone else. Even though she's broken and abandoned she deserves happiness. More than you, more than anyone. And I intend to give it to her," Your heart lifts. Now you know you have to get back to him.
"Oh well. Not anymore"
you can practically hear the smirk playing on Isaac's lips.
You push the boxes hard with the heel of your foot, and it tumbles, the top box toppling on you, and you're crushed by the weight you can hardly breathe.
"Y/N!" Henry yells. He rushes over to you, and lifts the boxes off you.
"Are you okay?"
You still can't speak because of the tape, which he rips off.
"Henry, I'm okay, I'm fine, go back to...." You start, regaining your strength.
"It's okay. We're not going back to Storybrooke. We're going to find my family"he says.
And with that he plunges the key into the book. It illuminates, blinding your eyes.
And then it flashes, a pair of light arms grabbing you and pulling you into the book.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You land on a dirt floor with a thud. Some dirt gets in your mouth so you spit it out. Henry is already standing, twirling the key in his hand, then, he places it in his pocket and help you up.