Not Just Best Friends

Henry sucks in a deep breath, before saying, "I'm in love with you,"

At first, your heart seems to stop beating. Then it beats a million times faster than it should.

Suddenly, you let out a long nervous laugh, "That's really funny, Henry. You're really funny,"

His eyebrows are drawn to the center of his forehead, and he almost makes a disgusted look; he looks....offended.

"What? I'm serious," he says.

"Henry," you say, as if you were going to console him.

"Y/N" he says, nearing you.

"Henry" you say, your laughter gone.

"Y/N. I'm serious,"

"Henry....," you start, as he nears you, "If we're a couple, that means we have to like....you know....kiss each other and buy each other gifs and always be with each other-"

"First of all, we don't even have to do the gift thing. Secondly, we don't have to be with each other all the time," he looks down at the ground, "And...." he takes your hands, and his eyes flick up to yours, "I'd really like to kiss you,"

You stared at him, his eyes gleaming at yours. He looked so hopeful and nervous and calm all at the same time.

"Henry.......," you say, as he takes your other hand, "If we're a couple and we break up, we might not be friends again.....,"

Henry pressed his forehead to yours and you didn't object, "I️ know..... It's a risk we should be willing to take,"

You felt so at home and safe with him. He's your best friend and you guys do everything together. So, what's the difference between boy friend and boyfriend, right? They sound the same.

"Y/N, I️ just.......Everyday, I'm with you, I️ feel....happy. And when I'm not with you I️ feel empty. I️ want to be able to do couples stuff with you, kiss in photo booths and go out on valentine's day, and maybe stop an evil villain from taking over the world,"

You chuckled.

"All I️ know is that I️ love you and you're like my safety net. I️ feel safe with you," he said concluding his speech.

Henry placed a hand on your cheek, "Can we please give it a shot?"

You smiled and pressed your lips to his. You could feel the corners of Henry's lips turn up as he kissed you.

Henry put his arms around your waist, and gently squeezed your sides, whereas you threw your arms around his neck, and pressed your body close to his.

Then you pulled away, and giggled, saying, "I️ think I️ can get used to that,"

Short, but cute. I'm sorry that I've been gone for so long. I'm trying to write new imagines, and I️ have a ton of ideas lined up, so hopefully I️ can get those out soon.