Tech Crew

~Jared Gilmore Imagine~

The reader is part of the stage crew and is obsessed with the actor playing the lead: Jared Gilmore. And what do you do when your long time crush looks at you for the first time?

Warnings: none

Personal Rating: 6/10

.

"Lights!"
The lights slowly come on, due to you, pulling on the lever slowly.
You see Jared lift up his head and begin to speak his lines for our school play.
You start his microphone and his voice echoes throughout the empty theater.
You look over at your best friend who stands beside you: Y/B/F/N and say, "I need to get down for props. Patricia is absent today, and she might not make the show. Take my position"
Y/B/F/N gives you a thumbs up as you go down the stairs. You've been in the San Diego High School Tech Crew since you were a freshman; three years at this point.
You joined to get closer to Jared, who you had a big crush on since he's an actor in Once Upon a Time.
But he barely notices you.
You go down the stairs, making as much noise as a mouse with each step. You wait at the wing of the stage for Jared to throw you something. You watch as Amelia Duncan comes onstage with Jared, smiling at him. She plays his wife, Elizabeth Schuyler. Yes, you are doing the play Hamilton, in case you're wondering.
Hamilton, the best play of all time, with the beast soundtrack, of the life of Founding Father Alexander Hamilton. It sounds boring, but it's amazing. Plus, Jared looks like a cutie patootie in his colonial costume, singing. He's not an angelic singer but he's not horrible.

Anyways, Amelia wraps her hands around his arm, acting as if he were her husband. They're singing That Would Be Enough, and Jared is singing about the war, and Amelia sings most of the time. It sounds so boring but the songs are relatable and the pull you in. Jared threw a scroll in your direction, as you catch it so it makes no noise, his eyes lingering on you, as you place it in its spot and take another prop and throw it in his direction. Though he's supposed to turn to the audience and continue singing, his eyes linger on you. You blush and the teacher snaps.

"Jared, did you forget the song lyrics? The show is tonight!" She screams.
He shakes his head, and continues to sing.
As I head back up to the lighting, I continue to think about his pause in speech, when he actually acknowledged the fact that I existed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You're walking to your car, keys jiggling in your hand, when Jared call out to you, out of costume.

You furrow your eyebrows at him, pausing your actions.
"Hi" he said.
"Hi"
Jared Gilmore just spoke to you. Say something.
"So...you going home?" Jared asks.

"No. I'm just going to the local library a few blocks away to study, then I can come back and we can have the show. It's library is more quiet there than here" you clarify, not trying to show your excitement.
"...Alone?"
"Well, yeah. Typically"
"Can I come with you?"
"Sure. You can ride shotgun if it pleases you" you say without a second thought.
He smiles and stuffs his backpack in the back seat and slips in the front one. Your heart pounds in your chest.
A boy wants to come to the library with you. Not just any boy: The Jared Gilmore.
You take your place at the wheel.
When you start the engine, Jared says, "You're quick to trust, aren't you?"
"Well, it's one of my greatest flaws" you say, backing up.
"Well-"
"Ah ah ah," You cut him off, "Backing up is another flaw so be quiet unless you want to be paying for a damaged car"
He smiles and sinks into his seat. You drive to the library which is indeed a quick drive.
You sit in the car, not budging, when you park in the parking lot.
"What's your favorite TV show?" Jared asks you.
"Well. Coincidentally, Once Upon a Time"
"Really?" He says, raising his eyebrows, "Is it because of the dashing, handsome son of the main character who happens to be in your biology and History class?"
You turn to him. How did he know? You thought he didn't know you existed.
"Well, that and the incredible writers"
"Adam and Eddie are great. Most of the time, at least. The season five winter finale was just plain mean" he smirks. You sit there in car, and turn the key to turn it off.
"What about movie?" he asks.
"Um....I don't know. Y/F/M??"
"Cool. Mine's a The Star Wars Movies"
You laugh.
"What?" He asks.
"Still haven't seen that yet"
"WHAT?"
You jump back in fear, a confused smile playing on your face,
"HOW COULD YOU NOT HAVE SEEN THE BEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME?"
"Apologies, mate" you say, mimicking Colin, who plays Hook.
"YOU ARE OFFICIALLY COMING OVER TO MY HOUSE TO WATCH EM WITH ME"
You smirk, "I don't know..."
"YES YOU ARE. PINKY PROMISE. AFTER THE SHOW TONIGHT"
You laugh, and hook pinkies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once again, you're at the top of the stairs, casting light upon Jared and Amelia as they sing their song.
You didn't have to go down for props since Patricia, the props person, was present, but Jared still stared at you, into the light. May be not directly in the light, but he stared at you and it took your breath away.
"What's going on between you too?" Y/F/N whispers.
"Honestly, I don't know" you say, not taking your eyes of Jared, "I think.....I think....he likes me"
You smiled at him, and though he was supposed to be frowning, he smiled back at you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Alright everybody, great show! Wrap it up, costumes in the costume department and I need my props in their boxes" the director tells us.
You start packaging props, and Jared is hanging his Hamilton Act II costume.
He stared at you as you pack up your last box, and beckons for you as you place the box on its proper shelf.
You follow him, telling your friend that you're using the restroom.
"What?" You ask, when you two are finally alone.
He paces up to you so that he stands directly across from you. He takes your cheeks in his warm hands, and presses your lips together, kissing you. It was soft and gentile, and when he pulls away you look up to see him smiling.
"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that" he says.
You take him by his collar and pull him closer, kissing him once again.
"Woah, easy tiger" he laughed when you pulled away.
"Sorry, just....I never imagined this"
"Actually, I'm sure you have"
"I mean, I didn't imagine it actually happening" you say.
He smiles, and kisses you again, "Well believe it"