Football Game

OMG 9k? You guys are the best. Love y'all.

~Henry Mills Imagine~

The reader hated going to football game- until the hottest player asked her out.

Warnings: sexualization of women

Rating: 7/10

"Are you gonna be at the football game later today?" The question was tossed all over the school- all day, through each class, whispered in the halls for each student to hear. As the first football game in the year drew closer, so did every girls' dream: getting noticed by the newly single quarterback Wesley Higgins.
He was fit and attractive and smart and possibly everything you could ever want in a partner.
But it's not everything you want.
"So are you going?" Your best friend, Henry asked you.
"Hell no. The only reason so many people are going is one, if they love football, or two, if they're in love with Wesley. And neither of those apply to me"
His face lights up.
"Same! My parents are out today, so do you think that may be later today you'd want to-"
Before he can finish his statement, you hear a long whistle. You glance sideways and spot none other than Wesley Higgins scanning your body up and down.
"Hey cutie" Wesley says, nearing you. You're not sure whether you should be suspicious of his actions of grateful that's he's noticing you.
You manage to get out a simple, "Hi"
"You coming to the game?" He asks.
"I don't know" you say.
"Damn, you're so pretty" he says, "Are you single?"
"Yeah"
"Man, I'd kill for a woman like you. You seem so smart and independent. It'd be an honor to see you in the bleachers."
He winks at you before walking away, shuffling on his varsity jacket.
You're absolutely shocked. How could Wesley notice you? Why now? You've always been hidden in the shadows cast by the blonde preppy girls who cake their face in make up and think about Wesley twenty four seven. What changed?
You stare into the distance and watch him as he pushes through the crowd of kids who rush to their classes.
Your eyes linger on him.
"Y/N?" Says a voice from behind you. You turn, Henry staring at you. He bites his bottom lip, a kind of hopeful look.
"What?" You ask.
"Umm...are we still-"
The bell rings loudly.
You cut Henry off, "I'm sorry, can you just text me what you were gonna say, I have to go."
--------------------------------------
At home you're doing your makeup for the football game. You have a small jersey that was nearly like a crop top on you from your hometown team and high waisted shorts. You fit on some converse out your hair up in a half ponytail. You feel ready to take on the world. Checking everything in the mirror one last time, you head out the door.
Wait.
Shoot. You probably need your phone. You hadn't touched the thing all day. You grab your phone from the counter. Woah. 12 missed calls from Henry and two voicemails.
You open up the voicemail tab and press your ear to the phone. You hear Henry's soft voice playing.
"Um, hi Y/N? Are we still on for tonight at 6? I mean, I'll be ready but please give me a call back so I know. We're just watching a movie or something. I mean, nothing out of the ordinary."
You check the next voicemail from him.
"Sorry Y/N for all the voicemails. I just- you know what never mind. Just get back to me."
Oh god.
You forgot about the plans you made with Henry.
But this could be your one chance with Wesley. The extremely hot and popular Wesley who could potentially like you.
You stare at your make-up coated face in the full body length mirror. Your lipstick is bright red, and there seems to be no trace of your own skin.
You trace your hands down your sides, touching the right crop top and your high waisted shorts.
This is not who you are. May be other girls are like that, but you are definitely not going to change for some boy who only noticed you for your looks.
You turn around and head back to your room.
~
The house is small. When you first met Henry, you thought his house should've been bigger because he had this big personality that brightened the room every time he walked in. You prop open the drivers door and walk towards his lawn. You're wearing black leggings and a tank top, with a Disney sweatshirt tossed over it. Your hair falls behind your back, and your converse shoes don't make a sound on the concrete as you step up to his door.
You lift a finger to the doorbell, and push down on it.
When the door opens, Henry's eyes lights up. How mouth drops open, "Y/N, I-I didn't think you were coming."
You could tell.
He had grey sweatpants and a tight red t-shirt. His hair wasn't combed and though it was attractive, it was obvious he didn't think I was coming.
"Yeah. To be honest, I didn't think I was coming either." you confess.
He closes the door behind him, furrowing his eyebrows, "What made you change your mind?"
You gaze into his eyes and take a step closer to him. You can hear his breath grow heavier. You place both your hands on his chest, and stare at them, heat transferring to your cold hands. Upon your touch, he grabs your waist. You look up, his gaze down at you, and then his eyes travel to your lips, then back up at your eyes.
You almost forgot to answer the question.
"You."
You hear him let out a breath. Then you throw your arms around him, and tilting your head, you press your lips to his. He squeezes you sides and kisses you back, and you both fit like matching puzzle pieces.
You kiss for what feels like an infinity and continue kissing his strawberry-flavored lips.
Suddenly he pulls away, and smiles brightly at the ground as if there was a playful puppy there; brighter than I've ever seen him smile.
"What?" You ask, smiling.
"I just.....I've been waiting for this for a long time."
Your eyes brighten, "Me too. I can't believe I was blinded by some dumb football player when you're a way better boyfriend than he could ever be."
You freeze up.
Why'd you have to say "boyfriend?"
"Oh, I-"
"No no no. I like that title. Come here."
Smiling, you press your lips together once again.
.
Sorry for not updating. You know me.
Hoped you liked it.
Leave a comment, cuz they make me super happy.
~Isi~