Elevator

~Henry Mills Imagine~

The reader is on her way to meet with Mayor Mills when she gets trapped in an elevator with a boy.

Warnings: none
Personal Rating: 5/10
.

Your heels click on the floor as you run towards the elevator. Your grey coat flails behind you. You cannot be late, not today. Today you have your meeting with Mayor Mills about a panic room, since people tend to be clueless where to go when something terrorizing happens.
Though you're only 14, you've always wanted to make a difference.
And there are no stairs, so the elevator seems like the only option. There's a ladder, but that'd be a but informal since you are indeed wearing a dress. You just hope the elevator isn't too crowded. Elevator rides often feel like a minute of awkwardness with a person you'll never see again.
Luckily, only one person stands in the elevator. When you rush in, it closes straight after you, and no one else was in it, other than a teenage boy, looking down at his phone.
You stare into the elevator's mirror as the doors close, and fix your y/h/c hair which you left down and curled. You try to imagine presenting your ideas.
Suddenly the elevator is stopped, and it rocks, and you both look up at the ceiling, though nothing greets you from that angle.
You look to the boy and he at you, and then back at the ceiling.
"You've got to be kidding me" you say.
Suddenly, the boys phone rings. He answers, "Yeah......Hi mom......Yeah......Yeah......I don't know.....How long?.....Thirty minutes!......Whatever"
He ends his call and turns to me, "Due to Leroy's laziness according to my mom, we'll be out in about half an hour"
You place your hands on your head, "This is terrible!"
"Why?"
"I have a meeting with Mayor Mills-"
"How old are you?"
You stop pacing and eye him, "Fourteen, why?"
"You just looked a little bit young to be at a meeting."
"And how old are you?"
"Fifteen" he says, "I'm Henry"
Your jaw drops, "Henry.......Mills?"
"Yup. So you've heard of me?"
"Yes. I should've known it was you, I'm sorry."
"Who are you?"
"In the real world or fairytale world?"
"Both."
"Here, I'm Y/N. Nothing special, really. However, I'm Sleeping Beauty's younger sister" you say.
"I didn't even...."
"Didn't even know Sleeping Beauty had a sister? I know. Technically I'm her half sister. Her dad is my dad"
"That's cool"
"Well, not as cool as being the Truest Believer or the Author"
"Well, if you really thing about it, they're just silly titles" he says, "In this elevator, lets disregard them"
You smile, "Alright"
"So.....what's your meeting about?"
"A panic room. I'm just a representative, really" you say, shrugging.
"Well, sounds like a good idea considering all the things that go down here"
You chuckle, "Yeah, agreed. I overheard a couple of townspeople complaining about how they're never safe during an attack. They can't leave the town, so they should have somewhere to go. Sorry, you probably don't want to talk about that."
"No, it's kind of interesting. I think my mom will like it." he says, sinking down to the floor, his back to the walls which entrap us.
"Really?" You ask, sinking down as well, "I mean, that's an honor coming from you"
"An honor? It's an honor to meet me?" He asks, his smile bright, by his eyebrows furrowed together.
"Well, yeah. I mean, you're always saving people-"
He shakes his head, "That's not me. I don't do anything."
"Didn't you stop Pan?"
"Yeah, but I started all that crazy shit in the first place. And I didn't really stop him- like at all"
You don't know what to say to him. You've always imagined him as this hero who was going to sweep you off your feet and make you feel safe- but he doesn't even think high of himself.
"Didn't you destroy magic?" You say.
"Yeah, but that was stupid. Most of my family needed magic."
"But I can see where you're coming from. Magic was tearing my family apart. We didn't know how to save Aurora, we didn't know it would last so long."
"But David and Mary Margaret and Hook could've been lost forever. And Belle! Grandpa would've killed me-"
"Henry! It doesn't matter anymore. All that matters is that we're all okay. We're okay. And everyone is here and we're finally not in chaos."
"I think about it a lot" he says, "The things I did trying to destroy magic."
"Why?"
"Because most of the time I was trying to impress this girl"
"Did it work out?"
"No. She broke up with me. Six months ago. Said she found someone better."
He pulls his phone from his pocket and stares into it.
He's probably thinking about her. He probably misses her.
"Did you love her?"
He looks up, "Hmm?"
"Violet" you say, "Did you love her?"
"I did a lot of things"
"Yeah. But did you love her?"
"I think I did. But I'm 15. It's hard to really know what true love is."
You nod.
"Have you been in love?" He asks.
You look up at him.
"No."
"Oh. Have you ever, like, been in a relationship?"
"No."
"Oh."
You smile at him, warmly.
"I didn't think that because you're bea-"
He stops in the middle of his sentence. You stare at him for a few seconds. He doesn't say anything, and it certainly doesn't look like he'll say anything. So you tilt your head to the side and look around the room. Suddenly, there's a quick bright light of of the corner of your eye and you squint.

"Shit" you hear Henry say.
You look at him, and try to told in a laugh. He fidgets and seems to be typing something into his phone. His face is bright red.

You let out a quick giggle.
"Were you trying to take a picture of me?" You say. He looks down at the ground.
"I just, didn't mean to have the flash on"
You laugh out loud and he chuckles nervously with you.
"Sorry. It was for snapchat"
You slide closer to him, "As long as you didn't say any bad things about me."
"Trust me, no one can say bad things about you."
"You hardly know me."
"Well, then I should get to know you."
"Are you asking me out?"
"Yes, that's precisely what I'm asking."
Your chest rises, like your heart was leaping out of your chest. You try not to show your excitement.
"Yeah, sure. Do you want my number or something?"
"Yeah. Do you have your phone? I can put my number in it?"
"No, I forgot it at home, sorry. But I'm 987-654-321."
"Okay. Snapchat?"
You raise your eyebrows, "Alright. 2ndbeauty"
He smiles at you and types the numbers into his phone. The lights flicker for just a brief moment. You hear someone yelling, "Henry! It's coming up!"
Henry looks up from where the voice came from. The elevator shakes a little bit,
and begins to rise. You both stand up quickly, and stare up until it is set in place.
Henry smiles at you before the doors slide open.
"That was shorter than half an hour."
~
Your meeting with the mayor was postponed because Regina had other issues to attend to, so you headed home. Your phone is where you left it, sitting on the counter, plugged into the charger. You sigh and reach for it.
You've gotten a request to add a friend on snapchat and a text from Henry.
You check his snap chat story, where you can view all the photos and videos he's posted in the last 24 hours.
He posted a picture of him, rolling his eyes, with a caption, "Bored."
The next is a photo from my feet from a from distance in the elevator, captioned, "Still bored"
Then there's the picture of the elevator floor that says, "Stuck on the elevator."
The next photo is when his flash went off- my face is staring into the camera, confused, and he says, "stuck with this beauty. Flash went off and there was no way to abandon ship"
You smile at it.
Then there's a video of you.
It's a video of him asking you out. You can see the blush creeping up on your cheeks and the small smile on your lips as before the video cut off.
The next was a photo of you smiling.
It's caption: Best Elevator expirience ever.

Sorry for not posting: I'm a little occupied with something- or should I say someone? ;)
Also, Supernatural. So many seasons.