Why can't you tell Blaise?

As their lips were about to touch, Draco changed course and ended up with his forehead on Harry's shoulder. Harry tried to pull back, but Draco held him close and whispered, "I'm sorry."

Harry was taken aback, 'Does that mean he really doesn't like me? But he also leaned in...'

Harry signed and Draco lifted his head so they were face to face again, except that Draco was looking at Harry's shoes.

"Harry I-I" Draco opened and closed his mouth several times, imitating a fish, as he struggled to get the words out, "I'm confused"

Harry couldn't believe it, "You're confused? No, I'm confused!" Harry was almost shouting and he saw Draco flinch slightly when his voice rose. "I'm confused because you kiss and then tell me it was an accident before leaning in to kiss me again, but then don't actually kiss me!"

Draco was still looking down but now he was also blinking rapidly to keep the tears from running down his face. There was no way he'd let Potter see him cry.

Draco took a deep breath and tried again, "I'm confused... About my sexuality."

Now it was Harry's turn to imitate a fish and a small "Oh", was all he managed to say. Draco took this as a bad sign and turned around, walking slowly towards the classroom door. He opened the door and was halfway out when he felt a hand on his wrist.

"Wait" Harry said urgently, "maybe talking about it will help. I'd be happy to listen if you want."

Draco thought about it for a minute, still half way out the door, before whispering "Might as well. I mean, there's no else I can talk to."

Harry tugged on Draco's wrist to make him turn around so they could look at each other.

"What do you mean?"

"My parents, they..." Draco sighed, " they aren't very accepting people and I know they would disown me as soon as they found out. Pansy would start crying and shouting because she thinks I like her even though I tell her I don't every single day."

"Why can't you tell Blaise?"

"Because... " Draco looked Harry in the eye, "I'd rather tell you"

A smile spread across Harry's face and it made Draco happier than he cared to admit. The smile faded abruptly, however, because Filch suddenly appeared in the doorway behind Draco.

"Students out of bed!" He exclaimed, "I found students out of bed! Oh, the headmistress will be very pleased, oh, yes indeed."

Harry and Draco looked at each other and shared a look that said 'It's already past curfew?!' as Filch grabbed them by the upper arms and dragged the boys towards the headmistress' office.