Why is the window open?

Ron looked up from his match of wizarding chess as Harry plopped down into the armchair next to his.

"Why were you out so late, Harry?" He asked, "Were you with your boyfriend?"

"I don't have a boyfriend, Ron." Harry sighed and Ron went to get Hermione because she's better at this feelings stuff.

Harry just stared at the fire, thinking about everything that had happened in the last two days. He knew he shouldn't over think these things, but he couldn't help it, not when he had been so close to getting what he's wanted for two years.

"Harry," Hermione snapped her fingers in front of her bestie's face, "Harry!"

"Huh?!"

"Harry what's wrong? Did you get detention?"

"Was it the Ferret?" Ron added, thinking he was being helpful.

"Yes, Dr-Malfoy and I both got detention. Filch caught us out past curfew." Harry explained exasperatedly.

"Were you two fighting again?" Ron asked worryingly.

Hermione, however, narrowed her eyes and cautiously asked, "Harry... You almost called Malfoy by his given name... Do you like him? Is he the boy who kissed you yesterday? Is that why Filch caught you together?"

Harry looked at Hermione with wide eyes but he couldn't lie to her. He could lie to Ron but Hermione knows his tell.

"Yes... But no we're not together, Ron!" Harry added quickly when he saw Ron opening his mouth to speak.

"Why aren't you together?" Hermione asked.

"I'm not sure I'm allowed to tell you. It's Draco's business."

"That Ferret better not hurt you!" Ron said and Hermione hushed him because he had drawn the attention of other students in the common room.

"Don't call him that!" Harry whispered angrily.

"Sorry, mate," Ron said with an apologetic smile, "but you know it'll take some getting used to."

"I know, Ron, and I'm happy you're at least trying."

"It's late, "Hermione said, "we should go to bed."

They slit up as the boys headed up to their dormitory and Hermione went up the girls staircase. When the boys passed through the door they immediately felt a chill down their spines.

"Why is the window open?" Ron asked, noting that their three roommates were not present.

Harry looked around carefully until his eyes were resting on the envelope at the foot of his bed. He picked it up and recognized Draco's handwriting immediately.

"What is it?" Ron asked, looking over the shorter boy's shoulder.

"It's from Draco."

"Oh" Ron was caught between wanting to know what it said, but not wanting to invade his bff's privacy and go through the whole silent treatment thing.

He was spared having to make that decision, however, because Harry moved to sit against the headboard of his bed before opening the letter. He read it quickly, it wasn't long, but when he looked up Ron wasn't sure what to make of the expression on Harry's face.

Harry got up and handed the letter to Ron who read it carefully:

"Harry,
The headmistress decided to change our detention from tomorrow to the day after. She said there is tougher work to be done then. However, I would still like to see you tomorrow because I told you I would explain stuff and I just want to talk. Can we meet tomorrow at 9pm in the room of requirement?"

Harry looked happy and worried and excited and nervous. All at once.